Question Looking For A Way To Autosync Photos With A PC

Daisypup

May 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and am wondering if there is a way to automatically sync my photos and videos with my PC as a backup. I use Google Photos so my photos and videos are automatically backed up there, but since this phone does not have an SD card- I wanted a local backup as well, and was wondering if there is a way to have my phone backup to my Windows 10 PC via wifi (for example- once each day at 10pm).

I have Dex and I know I can do this manually, but was looking for a way to do it automatically.

Thank you in advance!

Daisypup

May 23, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe this is overkill, but see this article: https://www.androidcentral.com/heres-why-nas-server-best-offline-google-photos-alternative
Thanks for the suggestion. This is overkill, compared with what I was hoping might be available "these days". I searched online for an answer before asking here, but sounds like something that someone would have thought of before... have a particular folder linked to a scheduled backup. The backup destination is a network drive on a selected wifi computer. I'm certainly no programmer, so I'm not saying that such a thing is easy or even possible. Just wondering if such a thing existed.

BTW- as maybe the worlds biggest legacy MST3K fan- I appreciate your avatar, B Diddy. The current iteration- well- I won't bother you with my opinion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Give PhotoSync a try.

Always good to meet another MST3K fan! I actually still enjoy the current MST3K, but I would agree that it's just not the same as the classic ones -- they're missing a certain chemistry, and it often seems like they're just rushing to cram as many jokes in as they can. I'm a big fan of Rifftrax now, which is what Mike, Kevin, and Bill started after MST3K, and it's awesome. Also has a great community on Discord and Twitch -- you can watch a 24/7 stream on Twitch and riff along with your buddies in the chat! 😁

Daisypup

May 23, 2023
Visit site
Thanks B! I'll check out PhotoSync to see if it will do what I want it to do. I really appreciate your help!

Without belaboring the point- I'm an original MST3K fan (from back in the early 90's) and I came to personally know all or most of the cast (and even some of the staff) from the Best Brains days. I know Trace, Frank, and Josh. I used to know Joel and his wife Tiffany (she and I socialized together during our college years) and vowed to contribute to any endeavor they undertake- but even I did not contribute to this most recent "Gizmoplex" season. I know times are different, and I try not to be one of those "things were better back then" type of people- but every comment/joke is now vetted and written by committee to be as impersonal and as uncontroversial as possible. The cast is selected with many priorities in mind besides writing and performing ability. I participated / was hopeful regarding Season 11, but Seasons 12 and 13 didn't appeal to me (I tried to like them). I have accepted that Rifftrax is the spiritual successor to the old MST3K, minus the host segments.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks B! I'll check out PhotoSync to see if it will do what I want it to do. I really appreciate your help!

Without belaboring the point- I'm an original MST3K fan (from back in the early 90's) and I came to personally know all or most of the cast (and even some of the staff) from the Best Brains days. I know Trace, Frank, and Josh. I used to know Joel and his wife Tiffany (she and I socialized together during our college years) and vowed to contribute to any endeavor they undertake- but even I did not contribute to this most recent "Gizmoplex" season. I know times are different, and I try not to be one of those "things were better back then" type of people- but every comment/joke is now vetted and written by committee to be as impersonal and as uncontroversial as possible. The cast is selected with many priorities in mind besides writing and performing ability. I participated / was hopeful regarding Season 11, but Seasons 12 and 13 didn't appeal to me (I tried to like them). I have accepted that Rifftrax is the spiritual successor to the old MST3K, minus the host segments.
It's so cool that you know those folks personally!