Effect of Upgrading One of Two Unlimited Lines

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a situation that has come up and I really need some help. My wife needs a new phone after smashing hers last night and we didn't have insurance on her line. We are on a family plan where I am the primary line and she is the secondary- both are unlimited data lines. I desperately want to keep unlimited data on my primary line but don't mind losing it on hers if she upgrades. My question is, will I lose my unlimited data if she (secondary line) upgrades her phone and loses her unlimited?

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you think I'll have to argue with the rep to prevent him from trying to swindle me away from unlimited on my account? Or is this procedure pretty straight forward to the point there's not much they can do to try and coerce you?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you think I'll have to argue with the rep to prevent him from trying to swindle me away from unlimited on my account? Or is this procedure pretty straight forward to the point there's not much they can do to try and coerce you?

I would just do it online. I upgraded one of my tiered data lines and asked them to move it to my unlimited data line. They said that doing so would cause my unlimited line to lose unlimited data even though the upgrade came from the tiered data line. Not a big deal, I will just swap phones when I get it, but thought that it was a weird policy. Still, it works the other way too, transferring unlimited to a non unlimited line allows you to keep unlimited data. But if you call in and talk to them, they may insist that anything touching the unlimited line would lose unlimited data

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I would just do it online. I upgraded one of my tiered data lines and asked them to move it to my unlimited data line. They said that doing so would cause my unlimited line to lose unlimited data even though the upgrade came from the tiered data line. Not a big deal, I will just swap phones when I get it, but thought that it was a weird policy. Still, it works the other way too, transferring unlimited to a non unlimited line allows you to keep unlimited data. But if you call in and talk to them, they may insist that anything touching the unlimited line would lose unlimited data

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I've seen where people have said that they've had to fight a little in order to move things to their unlimited line. But in this case, I don't wish to do anything at all to that unlimited primary line. I only wish to upgrade the secondary line and move to tiered data on that one. I'm just nervous that they will somehow screw with the unlimited data on my primary line.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen where people have said that they've had to fight a little in order to move things to their unlimited line. But in this case, I don't wish to do anything at all to that unlimited primary line. I only wish to upgrade the secondary line and move to tiered data on that one. I'm just nervous that they will somehow screw with the unlimited data on my primary line.
I would upgrade through the comcast $200 VISA gift card link here:

Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast

You will have to pick a new data plan for your wife's life but everything else will stay the same.

You also could add a line, which depending on where you live, will cost between $13 and $18 per month after you drop the data line. That way your wife could keep unlimited, but you would have to pay for the extra line or pay the ETF. The nice thing about the extra line is you can transfer your unlimited data plans' upgrades to it and then keep unlimited but still get subsidized phones. The info on how to do it is on a thread in this forum.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty