Thoughts on Verizon's "More Everything" Plan

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are certainly entitled to use as much data as you want if you are on unlimited. You aren't lying about streaming everywhere....sheesh...22GB of youtube videos in a week and a half! Haha, you must be a youngun.

I get your points but at the same time for those of us with unlimited.. Why not use it? This goes for anyone on any carrier with it. T-Mobile gives me unlimited so therefore I use it. I stream movies, music, etc... Why not? That's what they advertise on TV right? I've seen plenty of times comcast bragging about stream anywhere.. So I do.

I agree with the not using it as your sole connection. I use it as my data connection when not home for my uses.. And when home I use my comcast. TV / Internet... But me doing what they advertise and what they gave me (unlimited data) is not wrong.. And I shouldn't be penalized for it. No one criticizes someone for using 10k minutes in a month.. Or 50k text.. Why data?

As you can see below my usage is all real.. Not torrents (I don't do illegal things).. All legal, paid for, content.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with GregMargie on several points.

The people who are using into the triple figures of data each month - come on, your cell phone data connection is not supposed to be your sole internet connection. Additionally, I suspect a lot of people are using their smartphones to download tons of torrents. Message to parents of kids with smartphones - first of all, why does your kid have a smartphone? - you do realize that your kid can basically get on the internet and download whatever they want and watch it whenever, don't you?

Basically, when it comes to these mega-high users/abusers of data, if you actually need that much data, then you should have to pay a little more for it. I'm not sure what the appropriate price for that is, but anyway...I'm an unlimited data person on Verizon, but I rarely abuse it. I'm not sure I've ever broken 6 GB in a month.

That being said, Verizon and others are definitely licking their chops at charging as much as they can for data. I understand that they need to set some limits, but these piddly allotments they have set up with Share Everything are not future proof - heck, not even really any good now. Apps, streaming media, everything is trending upwards in terms of size. 3 GB of data will be nothing in a couple of years.
Thank you for elaborating.....I agree with your points as well and don't even get me started on the kids with smart phones! Kids Bullying each other has become out of control by shear use of smart phones! Being a mom of 24 and 25 year old daughters.....they didn't have phones till they were 16 when they started driving 'and' they were limited to only calls 'and' we made them have a job and pay for half the bill, which was only $15 at the time.....They do not need smart phones at under 18 years old. I do realize that a LOT has changed in the last 8-10 years as far as the popularity of the smart phones, and the companies that push them, Not only the cell carriers but cable, satellite etc.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I get your points but at the same time for those of us with unlimited.. Why not use it? This goes for anyone on any carrier with it. T-Mobile gives me unlimited so therefore I use it. I stream movies, music, etc... Why not? That's what they advertise on TV right? I've seen plenty of times comcast bragging about stream anywhere.. So I do.

I agree with the not using it as your sole connection. I use it as my data connection when not home for my uses.. And when home I use my comcast. TV / Internet... But me doing what they advertise and what they gave me (unlimited data) is not wrong.. And I shouldn't be penalized for it. No one criticizes someone for using 10k minutes in a month.. Or 50k text.. Why data?

As you can see below my usage is all real.. Not torrents (I don't do illegal things).. All legal, paid for, content.

I agree with
philosopherisdog and would like to add.....With all do Respect.....Yes, you have valid points that the companies do ALL advertise "Use it Everywhere", and Yes, unlimited means unlimited......but like it was stated above.....I agree that it should not be used as the only connection. You stated that you do use TV/Internet when at home.....so that blows my mind even more that you still use 92.86 GB in a MONTH! Wholly Crap! Yes, as it was stated above......this is why the carriers started limiting data! Also calls and text do not put the same strain on the network as data does. (not that I am by any means an expert) Man.....I was trying to figure out how I am using so much at what I thought was a LOT at 3-4 GB on so little that I do.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Also Verizon's terms of service say that they can terminate you for the following reasons (special attention is brought to 2d and 2e):

" WHAT ARE VERIZON WIRELESS' RIGHTS TO LIMIT OR END SERVICE OR END THIS AGREEMENT?
We can, without notice, limit, suspend or end your Service or any agreement with you for any good cause, including, but not limited to: (1) if you: (a) breach this agreement; (b) resell your Service; (c) use your Service for any illegal purpose, including use that violates trade and economic sanctions and prohibitions promulgated by any US governmental agency; (d) install, deploy or use any regeneration equipment or similar mechanism (for example, a repeater) to originate, amplify, enhance, retransmit or regenerate an RF signal without our permission; (e) steal from or lie to us; or, if you're a Postpay customer; (f) do not pay your bill on time; (g) incur charges larger than a required deposit or billing limit, or materially in excess of your monthly access charges (even if we haven't yet billed the charges); (h) provide credit information we can't verify; or (i) are unable to pay us or go bankrupt; or (2) if you, any user of your device or any line of service on your account, or any account manager on your account: (a) threaten, harass, or use vulgar and/or inappropriate language toward our representatives; (b) interfere with our operations; (c) "spam," or engage in other abusive messaging or calling; (d) modify your device from its manufacturer's specifications; or (e) use your Service in a way that negatively affects our network or other customers. We can also temporarily limit your Service for any operational or governmental reason."

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you are certainly entitled to use as much data as you want if you are on unlimited. You aren't lying about streaming everywhere....sheesh...22GB of youtube videos in a week and a half! Haha, you must be a youngun.

Work is just slow. I guess I'm a youngin? I am 26 (unmarried) but not sure what that has to do with my data usage. I am just like everyone else.. Pay my own bills, my mortgage, etc. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also Verizon's terms of service say that they can terminate you for the following reasons (special attention is brought to 2d and 2e):

True every carrier has that somewhere but.. They don't enforce it. If it (the few data hoggers) really did as much damage as they have scared everyone into thinking.. They'd invoke that right.. Force you off unlimited.. And tell you to sign back up.. which would mean you'd then be on a limited data plan.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
True every carrier has that somewhere but.. They don't enforce it. If it (the few data hoggers) really did as much damage as they have scared everyone into thinking.. They'd invoke that right.. Force you off unlimited.. And tell you to sign back up.. which would mean you'd then be on a limited data plan.

Verizon doesn't force you off it either. Pay full retail for a phone and you can stay on it, just like AT&T offers. Again, T-Mobile and Sprint are whole different beasts because they are trying to gain a customer base that Verizon and AT&T already have. People love saying Verizon is SO expensive. Truth is, AT&T is just as bad, and again T-Mobile and Sprint are different, they are still trying to catch the other two, so they NEED to offer unlimited and lower price plans to GAIN customers. If they ever catch Verizon or AT&T you can mark my words unlimited data options would go away and pricing would start going up. Honestly they never will though, because they will never be able to get the wireless spectrum Verizon has, and in most cases AT&T has.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon doesn't force you off it either. Pay full retail for a phone and you can stay on it, just like AT&T offers. Again, T-Mobile and Sprint are whole different beasts because they are trying to gain a customer base that Verizon and AT&T already have. People love saying Verizon is SO expensive. Truth is, AT&T is just as bad, and again T-Mobile and Sprint are different, they are still trying to catch the other two, so they NEED to offer unlimited and lower price plans to GAIN customers. If they ever catch Verizon or AT&T you can mark my words unlimited data options would go away and pricing would start going up. Honestly they never will though, because they will never be able to get the wireless spectrum Verizon has, and in most cases AT&T has.

And? My point was they have the clause but don't use it because the data hogs that have unlimited don't put that much of a strain on the network. (read the previous posts to understand why I said what I said :).)

I didn't mention price.. Why they offer it or anything lol. So your post just confuses me :). Oh also on a side note... AT&T doesn't force you off but their "unlimited" people get throttled at 5 GB unlike the grandfathered Verizon unlimited customers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh and also of course T-Mobile and Sprint need customers and offer unlimited because of it.. But is it bad I'd rather take advantage of unlimited talk, text, and data for 70 a month versus using AOL to get an unlimited Verizon line and paying 130 a month when T-Mobile coverage rocks where I live? :D.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh and also of course T-Mobile and Sprint need customers and offer unlimited because of it.. But is it bad I'd rather take advantage of unlimited talk, text, and data for 70 a month versus using AOL to get an unlimited Verizon line and paying 130 a month when T-Mobile coverage rocks where I live? :D.

Everyone's needs are different. If tmobile works for you then great. $130 is a lot for a single line. You know how much I pay for my lines...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that it was that price but then it went up

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's needs are different. If tmobile works for you then great. $130 is a lot for a single line. You know how much I pay for my lines...

Yeah I was looking at AOL lines. Could get one on Ebay for like $450 buyout... Then to change to unlimited talk / txt it would add onto it and be $130 before taxes... which is a lot :(.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was looking at AOL lines. Could get one on Ebay for like $450 buyout... Then to change to unlimited talk / txt it would add onto it and be $130 before taxes... which is a lot :(.

Yeah unlimited talk and text added to unlimited data is expensive. I have a low minute and no text so my cost is much more affordable

belle7478

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Which plan on tmobile were you looking at? Since you are an extremely light user, either the $45 plan with unlimited talk and text and 250mb data or $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data might work for you. Both plans are substantially cheaper than T-Mobile once you consider the subsidy.
Sorry, I did not see this before today.. I am getting the $30 prepaid plan with 100 min talk, unlimited text, 5G data. I will break even after 8 or 9 months on the phone purchase ($329 vs $49 with contract at Verizon). Then I will save at least $30/month. One of the reasons I was hesitant to leave (besides being happy with both phone and customer service) is because I would not be eligible for loyalty plan if I wanted to come back, but the amount of savings was too big to not at least give it a chance. I was going to look at Verizon's prepaid options, but none include 4G.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I did not see this before today.. I am getting the $30 prepaid plan with 100 min talk, unlimited text, 5G data. I will break even after 8 or 9 months on the phone purchase ($329 vs $49 with contract at Verizon). Then I will save at least $30/month. One of the reasons I was hesitant to leave (besides being happy with both phone and customer service) is because I would not be eligible for loyalty plan if I wanted to come back, but the amount of savings was too big to not at least give it a chance. I was going to look at Verizon's prepaid options, but none include 4G.

Just test out the plan before dropping your Verizon one. There are usually return periods on phones so you can get a phone.. A temporary number to test the coverage in your area.. And then return if it's bad or simply have your Verizon number pulled over if you decide to stay.

Always check before jumping.. If it's horrible you will definitely not be happy.. Even if you're saving money.

belle7478

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Almeuit. I know individual results can vary, but I've already checked with a couple of people in the area who use it. Have talked with one on her cell many times and another has used in my apartment building. Still makes me sad to think about leaving, though.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I am actually a bit offended by this comment! Your statement couldn't be further from the truth! I am a consumer just like you and although I am not an avid poster here, I do come to the forums quite often to search for information and opinions as I like to see the advise and opinions of the actual consumers of the products we share an interest in, verses the hype/propaganda of the Company, and in addition don't always have time to try and figure out the changes in their plans!

With that said, My whole family has been on Verizon for a very long time as I mentioned. In fact my parents used to own Verizon stores many years ago for a long time, until VZW forced out the "Mom and Pop" store owners! They did very well for many years until VZW made it impossible for them to compete with Corporate stores.....so love lost for VZW, but we stay with them for the service coverage, but yes they are very expensive. Yes, I know the old adage "You get what you pay for" but I think there are a lot of things that do compare where you can get something just as good for less money......and lets face it, who isn't 'for' saving money!

I simply was asking what everyone thought of the new plan compared to other carriers, not so much specific on what an individual person had on their plan (my friends family) but just in general comparison. My daughter and her boyfriend recently decided to switch to Tmobile,I guess they figured they had nothing to lose as they no longer had unlimited lines, and they think they are paying so much less, BUT and what cost?, service? I just have always heard from people I know on Tmobile that their service was awful. I know it depends on where you live. So of course less money intrigues me but, my husband and I have a Real Estate company and we rely heavily on our phones/service! I rely heavily on my wonderful Note 2 to handle a ton of functions of my business!

Thank you!

You need thick skin around here sometimes

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It is per month. Its part of the new plan. Also get perks if you get a phone on their edge plan . No 30.00 upgrade fee. Up to 8 gig extra 10 off. Over 10 gig plan get 20.00 off having edge. Can switch phones when 50% of phone is paid. If you must have the newest and greatest sooner its a good deal I think especially with getting extra off. I am on the new plan so got more data and can get even more off if switch to the edge plan. I have been weighing it heavily. Love my Note2 but want the 3. I have till march to decide. Have more time to think. I can handle the monthly fee. Still thinking. Have to trade current phone and must be in excellent condition. Mine looks new. Runs great.

Posted via Android Central App