Possibly switching to Verizon Prepaid

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nexus 5 from Sprint but I don't like their service or how they have treated me. Can't really go contract with Verizon so I was thinking going Prepaid. Are there any significant differences between either since they offer 4G on prepaid now? Was thinking of buying the Moto X from Motorola and activating it on prepaid. Or should I wait till AT&T switches the Alltel tower over in the next few months?

Posted via Android Central App

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am kind of interested in this as well, am currently on Verizon, bill is $125 a month for 2 phones, could get by on base $45 plan on both without too much trouble, add taxes and I'm sure I would save at least $20 if not $25 a month, and have an easy option to add bridge data for the rare time I use it. My only question is is there any roaming differences that might catch me? How about going to Canada which I will be doing next summer. Anyone on Verizon prepaid I would like your experiences. Beyond having to buy a phone outright (swappa.com is my friend) what are the drawbacks?

Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 5 won't work on verizon. If you get the Moto X, be sure to get the Verizon variant.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3