Cheapest way to do New Every 2? (VZW Store, BB, Amazon, etc.)

bbernardini

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I have a family plan, and our New Every 2 is coming up in a little over a week. We both want to switch from our Blackberry Storms to the Incredible. The more research I do on getting the phone from non-VZW sources, the more confused I get. Is it cheaper to do the New Every 2 through someplace like Best Buy, Amazon, etc. or does the price end up coming out the same? Is there a cheaper option I'm completely missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about Best Buy or Amazon but when I upgraded my phone to the Incredible with the new every 2, I did it online (thru Verizon's site) and got $100 NE2 price along with an additional $100 online discount. I don't know if this is still the case but that is the experence I had with the new every 2. And the rebates are instant online.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the Incredible, but I'm getting a Droid X on the 18th when my new every two comes up and found that online Verizon has gone away with the instant rebate. I have found though on Walmarts website though Letstalk.com they have the X for $79.99 - might wanna check that out as well.

bbernardini

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I see letstalk.com is offering some kind of "free" Incredible offer, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with "New Every 2", or if it will really be free if I don't upgrade my plan, but keep it as it currently stands. (Forgive my ignorance.)

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Well I know that with Best Buy, so long as you're eligible for an upgrade, any mail-in rebates are already taken off. So if you get an Android phone for $200 and there's a $100 mail-in rebate, they'll automatically take it off and you just have to pay the $100.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Most places like Lets Talk don't offer NE2 credits. Some Best Buys do, some don't.

Depending on the size of your credit and the current promotions in stores, it might be cheaper to go through stores, but it all depends on the promotions.

Right now the Incredible is 149 without a NE2 credit. Last week they were bogo in my store, but this week it's the D2

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the Incredible, but I'm getting a Droid X on the 18th when my new every two comes up and found that online Verizon has gone away with the instant rebate. I have found though on Walmarts website though Letstalk.com they have the X for $79.99 - might wanna check that out as well.

Have you tried walking into a VZW store and asked if you can get the NE2 upgrade now? I've had the reps say they could bend the date up to a few months before.

Maybe they got more strict on it recently, but that was my experience.

Good Luck,
AJ

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have tried going into a store and they have shut me down twice haha. At this point I'm okay with waiting as it's only 6 days and if I wait I can get it for only $79. Letstalk.com doesn't offer the new every two discount, but at $79 out the door it's still A TON cheaper than the $299.99 through Verizon and then having to wait for the mail in rebate. Agreed about the store being cheaper sometimes with your NE2, but in my case where the X is now 300 bones online or in the store with a mail in rebate its a no brainer for me.

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Letstalk.com? I've run into that site after being directed from Motorola.com as well as Samsung.com. I'm up for great deals, but don't wanna lose out in the long run.

bbernardini

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried going to the store to get the upgrade early. No luck. All I really want to know is how much the discount is that my wife and I will receive. I can't seem to get the VZW site to tell me.

I only have to wait until Monday. In order to make my BB Storm useable until then, I had to install only Google Sync, and use the browser for Facebook and Twitter. And I still have problems. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I tell Amazon I'm an existing customer, the price goes up to $48.88. This is all so confusing to me.
Yeah I think the .01 sell is just for new customers

My vzw account says I can upgrade now even tho tech.speaking its not til 3/1/2011

Sent Using TaPaTalk

JettaStorm97

May 10, 2010
Visit site
The NE2 Allows you to upgrade at 20 months instead of making you wait til the full 24 month term. So when a rep is flexing for you, it' usually because you are in that 4 month grace period.

ladyknight

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I, too, would like to know how this works with Amazon Wireless (AmazonWireless: Cell Phones and Plans), as the Droid X is cheaper by $70. It costs $129 when upgrading (and is backordered, btw). I have tried the website, hoping to be able to upgrade before my time in mid-Dec, and it wouldn't let me...even told me my upgrade date, which was correct.

If anyone does use a 3rd party site to upgrade, i would love to hear about it!

ladyknight

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The NE2 Allows you to upgrade at 20 months instead of making you wait til the full 24 month term. So when a rep is flexing for you, it' usually because you are in that 4 month grace period.

Hmmm...not always so. In October, my husband and I went in to the store and decided we wanted to upgrade to smartphones. Sales rep went to Supervisor, who said no, cannot upgrade until our time in Dec.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...not always so. In October, my husband and I went in to the store and decided we wanted to upgrade to smartphones. Sales rep went to Supervisor, who said no, cannot upgrade until our time in Dec.

That's because December is your 20 month upgrade date.

If you were in the store in october, that means you were trying to upgrade after 18 months, which is basically impossible to do unless they're running a promo OR a supervisor gives an exception, but don't expect many to. Verizon's gotten REALLY strict with early upgrades of late. Usually the max a rep can push a date is by 1 week, and even then you forfeit any NE2 credits on primary lines.

Reactions: ladyknight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa