Having trouble returning old phone after early edge upgrade

CardFan502

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have two lines. Both were under contract until May 2015, and I recently did early edge upgrades on both. The first one was done through the Verizon website, and there was no mention of me needing to return my Note 2 during the order process or after. I did that order around 30 days ago.

The second line had an iPhone 5 and I replaced it with a iPhone 6. The website was backordered, the wait at the Verizon corporate store was way too long, so I ended up getting this one at a 3rd party retail store. They told me I would have to return the phone to Verizon (said Verizon would provide details), and I did get an email the next day from Verizon saying I needed to return the phone using the attached label, but there were no attachments. This order was 16 days ago.

I called Verizon about returning the phones and they sent me the plastic bags only, no labels or any other instructions. I called again and was told a web address where I could print a return label but no labels were there. So they said they would send me something again, but all I got was a new SIM card and a recycle bag (again no label).

I obviously don't want to return either phone if I don't have to, and I'm thinking I'm in the clear with the Note 2, but not so sure with the iPhone. Should I just wait it out and see what happens at this point? Anyone dealt with something similar?

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently having a similar situation with my wife's note 3 (she pre ordered the note 4)

The note 4 came with a return bag and label but they returned it back to US claiming it wasn't the correct I'd number on her note 3 (she received a replacement through insurance)

Our local store confirmed the I'd was correct and a call to CS said they would mail us a new return bag and label. One week later we get a bag but no label. I called again today and they claimed they made a mistake and will be mailing a New return label.

Posted via Android Central App

CardFan502

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ironically, I got a "device not received" email from Verizon shortly after I posted this, warning me that I would get charged if I did not return the iPhone. Of course it still had no directions or label, and the link to the website went the the FAQ section. So I called again, and they are sending me a label (for the third time). I made sure they noted in my account that this was my third request for a label. We'll see what happens. The good news is it definitely doesn't look like I need to return the Note 2.

schultwf

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
same issue here (my replacement phone from insurance was incorrectly coded and they claimed i returned the wrong device). after 3 calls to clear that up, and them promising i would never be charged for a non-return, they are now claiming the phone was damaged...what a joke. i am livid and they are now steering me to another department to have them "investigate" - very frustrating process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87