Why isn't my Ellipsis 7 updating?

croftgirl

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Ellipsis 7 is not updating

Hi y'all!
Ever since last night I got a message on my tablet saying "downloading update package " but it doesn't do anything and it's just stuck on 0 %.
I reset my tablet several times and I also did a factory reset. Neither of these worked.
Why am I having this issue and what can I do to solve it?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ellipsis 7 is not updating

Did you do anything to change your phone like root, unlock bootloader or anyting like that? Are you hooked up to the wifi when the download starts?

croftgirl

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I did not do anything to the tablet, no rooting, no anything!
the wifi is always on, just like the 4G network.

mempa

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
You are not alone!!!! I am having the exact same issues and have yet to find a solution.
I have not rooted, or customized my install at all, it is just as it was the day I unboxed it.

croftgirl

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone!!!! I am having the exact same issues and have yet to find a solution.
I have not rooted, or customized my install at all, it is just as it was the day I unboxed it.

Great! I thought I'm the only one in this world! Haha! Anyway, I have googled and googled for this issue and I have not found any relevant result. I'm putting all my hopes in the wonderful people at AC.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Had it happen to me on an HTC. Verizon ended up sending me a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Oh well, I guess there isn't anything we can personally do to fix this... Verizon here I come... :(
If a factory data reset didn't fix it then not much else to try

bluntsister

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

We have two of these, my husband's started having this problem on 2-19-15 and we couldn't get it resolved and mine started on the 2-22.
We also made no changes and tried the factory reset. Really? We have 2 bad pieces of hardware?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It could be a software problem but not much that we can do . best bet is to call Verizon.

thefly56

May 19, 2011
Visit site

We have two of these, my husband's started having this problem on 2-19-15 and we couldn't get it resolved and mine started on the 2-22.
We also made no changes and tried the factory reset. Really? We have 2 bad pieces of hardware?

I'm in the same boat. I bought two of these tablets, one for each of my kids, and they are both perpetually updating. What's more, my dad has the same tablet and is having the same issue. If it's a hardware issue, than this is some really bad hardware.

BC35556

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
One of my customers had the same problem with their 7 in Ellipsis. I learned that the download was a firmware upgrade. I turned cell data off, connected the tablet to my hotspot (since it had a strong consistent signal) and the download completed - unit rebooted - all has been fine so far. Other option is to turn cell data off, do a hard reset, and this should also prompt the download to complete. I hope this helps.