Who's escaped the price hike?

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I am on Verizon prepaid. About once per year I get MORE for the same money. And voLTE is coming soon for prepaid as well.

Prepaid rocks if one is on their own, meaning on family contract, or if one doesn't get a discount through work....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon prepaid. About once per year I get MORE for the same money. And voLTE is coming soon for prepaid as well.

Prepaid rocks if one is on their own, meaning on family contract, or if one doesn't get a discount through work....
They increase data for current plans. I am assuming that the op is referring to udp, which Verizon is trying to get rid of, and even forcefully kicked off 1200 udp customers without prior warning.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
They increase data for current plans. I am assuming that the op is referring to udp, which Verizon is trying to get rid of, and even forcefully kicked off 1200 udp customers without prior warning.
1200? Do you have a source for this? I'm not doubting you but I'd like to read up on it some more.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
At this point, if Verizon hasn't contacted you then you passed that hurdle, so you should be clear until the next hurdle

Yeah, I'm super relieved. Verizon's coverage is just so much better for me than anyone else, including AT&T. All the other carriers are good enough for me to use, but having that little extra coverage is so worth it with unlimited data.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
That link states individual plans using more than 500 GB were sent a letter, and the median usage of those targeted was 510 GB. That's a relief. My highest use in a month was still less than half of that.

The issue is the median is literally in the middle. So it could very well be 10gb, 510gb, 2000gb. We really don't know for a fact what the limit is, other then "well in excess of 100gb"

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The issue is the median is literally in the middle. So it could very well be 10gb, 510gb, 2000gb. We really don't know for a fact what the limit is, other then "well in excess of 100gb"

Yes, but I highly doubt the low end is 5x less than that.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
So I finally got hit!!!! looks like the old alltel plans get the $20 per line added...
My once (for a very long time) cost of $125 for two lines unlimited is now about $160 :(
To rich for my blood... going to try and stay with verizon and see how it goes.
If I turn off photos backup (unless on wifi), should be able to survive on the XL 16GB plan and actually come out even cost wise...

Quick question, if I remember correctly, I can jump between the XL and XXL each month if needed right? For instance if I hit 16GB and safety mode kicks in, I can call them and change to XXL and then get full speed again?
RIP UDP, it was great while it lasted
thanx
Danny

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, if I remember correctly, I can jump between the XL and XXL each month if needed right? For instance if I hit 16GB and safety mode kicks in, I can call them and change to XXL and then get full speed again?
RIP UDP, it was great while it lasted
thanx
Danny

Yes, you can switch between data sizes whenever without consequences. We do it all the time between L and XL depending on how much we are using.

I just recommend you switch size before the safety net kicks in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress