Can not connect to internet vis ad-hoc wifi(Connectify-me)

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a new laptop running Win 7 64 bit. I am using a Wifi ad-hoc software named connectify-me. Connectify-me show the G-tab is connected to the ad-hoc wpf and the G-tab shows it is connected but, when I try load a web page I get "connection failed, unable to connect please review your network settings" I have disconnected and reconnect several times in both the G-tab and the
software "Connectify-me" on the laptop and everything says I am connected. I can access he internet with the laptop. I am using a 3g mobile modem to access the internet. I originally had the modem and software on a XP laptop and never had a problem.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock OS, or a different ROM? From what I remember, you have to use a ROM that enables ad-hoc connections. The stock OS just supports access point connections.

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I found the problem, it was with the Connectify -me software. I uninstalled and did a reinstall and everything worked great. How quickly we can forget the basics! :)

maixo

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and i am trying to connect to a wifi signal from a samsung laptop running connectify-me pro.i couldnt get connectify-me running with wpa2 security (hostednetwork error of some sort).i then tried running it with wep security and it worked ....with my iphone 4s.the samsung galaxy tab however gives me a message "unable to access network wep secured"
i emailed connectify-me and they wrote back with this nonsense

Connectify Tech, Jan-04 04:03 pm (EST):
Maixo,

This is a known problem with many devices, including most (but not all) Android devices. When you set up an Ad-Hoc hotspot with Connectify, you'll find that PCs and some other devices see it, but some portable devices do not. This is not our doing -- the portable devices are simply refusing the Ad-Hoc connection. There's no reason they couldn't use it, they're just programmed to reject it.

so samsung market a product as wifi only and then prevent you from using wifi signals !!
i have spent hours trying to fix this and have steam coming out my ears.there is a possible solution using a static address but how do you find out what ip address/gateway/network prefix length/dns1/dns2 are?
beginning to regret not getting an i-pad because this is utter nonsense .can anyone help?

ritwik

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
l have a sony experia phone and dell laptop running connectify -me por ,my phone can't search connectify wifi conncetion..when i search wifi connection it dons't show connectify connection.but my other laptop and nokia phone easyly access connectify connection.

keers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have connectify PRO (cracked) I have shared my internet connection and getting full WIFI signal in my android mobile. But if i load the web page. It says as network is not available.

Please help me in this issue.

Shaji Mj

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
use instead the "mHotspot" which is a great software hotspot, I had been trying for atleast 100 or more days, to resolve the problem, only today I installed it my hotspot works fine.

Shaji Mj

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
nothing, install "mHotspot" and it will mostly serve your purpose, mine is solved with it, to connect using a samsung grand duos.......................

ElecEng3

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Problem of anti-virus program's firewall stopping Internet access from PC to Android phone

INITIALLY with either connectify-me free Hotspot or paid Hotspot PRO I could establish WI-FI link from Win. 8 PC to Android Motorola Moto G smartphone BUT NO ACCESS to PC's wired Broadband Internet (via this WI-FI link to view websites on the phone). Given that many articles point to possible blockage from installed anti-virus or firewall security programs, I temporary disabled (for 10 mins.) our Avast Internet Security 2015- this allowed website viewing on the phone. I then re-enabled Avast and on their Firewall Settings found it necessary to TICK "Internet Connection Sharing". This re-allowed website viewing on the phone. I decided to post this for the benefit of Avast users (with Firewall included) or similar security programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87