Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Authentication failed logging into Gmail account

I've spent hours today trying to access Gmail from the phone/icon (new phone, virgin mobil HTC EVO V 4g). I've already set up the 2 step verification, have entered the 6 digit code sent via text, and can access the gmail account from online, and also through the web browser within the phone. I've cleared the cache and restarted phone several times. I simply cannot access gmail from the gmail icon... every time I do I get the same error message even though I am 100% sure the sign in is entered correctly. Error msg: Authentication failed. Please verify your username/password. I've run out of options. Can anyone help???? thanks for your time...

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: Authentication failed logging into Gmail account

Quote Originally Posted by cami19 View Post
    I've spent hours today trying to access Gmail from the phone/icon (new phone, virgin mobil HTC EVO V 4g). I've already set up the 2 step verification, have entered the 6 digit code sent via text, and can access the gmail account from online, and also through the web browser within the phone. I've cleared the cache and restarted phone several times. I simply cannot access gmail from the gmail icon... every time I do I get the same error message even though I am 100% sure the sign in is entered correctly. Error msg: Authentication failed. Please verify your username/password. I've run out of options. Can anyone help???? thanks for your time...
    Clear app data for GMail and Google Services.