[WARNING] do NOT factory reset through settings [WARNING]

admiralnorman

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It is ok to factory reset in recovery. Just don't do it from the settings menu under privacy. After you do a factory reset in recovery, you have to first flash the stock rom or flash the backup you made. Then flash Gelato rom.

I have the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Slider. I did a wipe/data factory reset. Where can I get the stock rom of which you speak? The reason I was re-flashing was because my sd-card died, and it took my nandroid with it. :(

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

43v3rfree86

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So.... I take it that there is still no fix for this?
I was going to give my slider to my friend, seeing as how I bought the Motorola Triumph.
But now I am unable to give it to him :-/

I must note that I have attempted to fix this phone using multiple methods...
Primarily the KDZ method that is used to update almost EVERY OTHER LG PHONE BESIDES THIS ONE >.<

I downloaded the KDZ file here:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGVM701/AVGMZY/VM701ZV4_03/VM701ZV4_03.S4_03.P61007.cab

This is the CAB that contains the firmware that comes preloaded on the VM701...
Are there any programmers out there that might be able to make use of this?
And maybe find a way to unbrick the VM701s that are out there lol

Last edited:

hale1776

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
In same boat my WiFi and bluetooth stopped working tried everything also the three finger salute would not do anything to my phone. So tried Factory reset and went from bad to worse now I have the LG logo center of my screen, remove battery and replace same deal.

pwngmike

May 27, 2012
Visit site
GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

mixmaster213

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
WARNING

If you have installed a custom recovery, DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE THROUGH MENU>SETTINGS>PRIVACY>FACTORY RESET.

The above action will give you a $200 paperweight. There is no fix for it at this time.

WARNING

I've made a zip file that i am not confident at all will fix the issue and not willing to do this to my GF's phone just to test ;)

- DOWNLOAD THIS FILE
- Place the file on the root of your SD card. I dont care if you put your sd card in another phone, mount that phone to the PC, drag it over, then put the SD back into the slider. I dont care if you use a microsd to usb adapter. Basically, just get the zip onto the root of an SD card, then get that SD card into your slider
- Boot into custom recovery
- Flash the zip

This is a test, i make no promises and it comes with no warranty although it should go without saying that, how much worse could it get for your phone. If you're testing this, you're already SOL.

The zip didnt work =/

wfsuser12

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the lg optimus q for straight talk with a similar problem. After I factory reset the phone through settings, my phone would bootloop into recovery. I found a fix by flashing a zip file containing stock recovery. The phone booted normally after that, but I had to re-flash CWM recovery through terminal emulator. The Lg optimus slider is very similar to the optimus q, so I assuming theres a similar fix somewhere out there. Try this link:

Break from recovery boot loop!! (Slider too) - Android Area51

the86d

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my son's old phone, and would like to drop a whole KDZ on it, but I can't figure out how, as SU isn't working and I guess Clockwork whacked out Recovery.