Should I just buy a new phone? Charging problems.

sysh

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Sometime last week, I realized that my phone would not take a charge from any charger, be it my wall charger or usb. I checked multiple cords to make sure it wasn't just me. I called up Virgin Mobile, and they said it was probably the battery and since I bought the phone over a year ago, I'd have to purchase a new one myself. I did, and it's still won't charge properly. Sometimes it works when I push the charger at an angle, but for some reason doing so makes my phone force restart. I checked the usb port for fluff, and there's nothing in there. Everything else on the phone works fine, but obviously I can't continue to use what will eventually be a dead phone. I've looked around and tried as much as possible to fix this myself, but I haven't been able to.
Any ideas?

cryofy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it works when I push the charger at an angle
Maybe there's just some loose contact between the (micro/mini) usb socket and the circuit board of your phone.

If this is the case: Somebody with a soldering iron and some knowledge in electronics should easily be able to fix the problem. A new usb socket, if the old one is defective, should be pretty cheap (<5$), so you just need someone who could replace the socket...