Do I just accept that VM701 is a lemon??

MacroJones

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
hey guys,
I just want to be able to find a workaround for the fact that the VM701 has so little internal memory, that it means the phone is basically worthless. (I feel cheated that no one warned me up front that most apps have to be installed on the internal memory instead of external SD card, and they comes with a small amount of internal memory.) Sure, there are people saying that I can use "cwm recovery" and "Link2SD" to trick the phone so that it includes external memory of a SD card as part of internal memory. But, from reading the forums, I can't find many people who have successfully done this. Am I wrong here? Have any of you had success? Since I don't have much android experience, I don't want to risk possibly bricking my phone, if the everyone else is can't get it to work either. Thanks for your help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hey guys,
I just want to be able to find a workaround for the fact that the VM701 has so little internal memory, that it means the phone is basically worthless. (I feel cheated that no one warned me up front that most apps have to be installed on the internal memory instead of external SD card, and they comes with a small amount of internal memory.) Sure, there are people saying that I can use "cwm recovery" and "Link2SD" to trick the phone so that it includes external memory of a SD card as part of internal memory. But, from reading the forums, I can't find many people who have successfully done this. Am I wrong here? Have any of you had success? Since I don't have much android experience, I don't want to risk possibly bricking my phone, if the everyone else is can't get it to work either. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums.
From what I understand it can be done, but I have also seen it as a hit and miss. If you can, might it be possible to get something inexpensive like the Moto G and use that?

MacroJones

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
thanks, Misstoxic. That's good to know. Were you on version 2.3.4 of Android before you rooted? (my research is giving me impression that it is easier to root if you are below that version...but once you are on 2.3.4, as I am, then it is very tough/almost impossible to root. If you had been at 2.3.4, do you remember the steps you took? thanks so much.