optimus V wont activate

mustang229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
im trying to activate my brothers old phone (optimus V) for myself since he got a motorola triumph, but when i called VM they told me to type in ##847448# and nothing came up? they tried and tried again nothing,,,they are sending me a replacement phone, BUT Phone was rooted and he unrooted it and than factory reset it b4 we called VM. Did the rooting mess up the activation?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
it only messed up the activation if he left a different ROM on that phone.

that phone comes with a special version of android 2.2 that virgin mobile made that has all the features for activation and stuff.

most people root, then upgrade to a different rom that doesnt have those features, becuase they already activated their phone on the stock rom.

your going to have to re root it (which doesnt affect it being activated) and then use the root to install a custom recovery, and flash either one of the 2.2 roms that DO have the activation features (i think bumblebee, in the ROM section of this forum, does that) or restore to the stock android,

everything you need to know is in the rom section of this forum if you read around enough.

something i need to point out right now is that if a phone is rooted. it does not affect anything other than ALLOWING you to flash new ROMs and allowing you to run apps that need "root access"

root alone does NOT break features like activation. so why he unrooted it, i dont know. but youll need to get it back in order to FIX this problem. lets get that clear now so you dont go trying to flash a rom without root. haha

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
im trying to activate my brothers old phone (optimus V) for myself since he got a motorola triumph, but when i called VM they told me to type in ##847448# and nothing came up? they tried and tried again nothing,,,they are sending me a replacement phone, BUT Phone was rooted and he unrooted it and than factory reset it b4 we called VM. Did the rooting mess up the activation?

If you were running gingerbread when it was rooted then the activation wouldn't work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Look in the app drawer and see if the activate app is there. You will need that to activate the phone. You can also look in settings under "about phone" and check android version, it should be 2.2.1 if he put it back to stock.

mustang229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea he fixed it thanks guys!...He put a stock Optimus V ROM on again and the "Activate" button appears now,just need to call VM 2m to cancel the order placed, than activate the phone.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea he fixed it thanks guys!...He put a stock Optimus V ROM on again and the "Activate" button appears now,just need to call VM 2m to cancel the order placed, than activate the phone.

good to hear.

now, once its activated and you have service. feel free to try a custom rom after you get bored of the stock one. you wont have the activation trouble anymore, since it will already be activated