Stuck on android syst recovery, was not rooted

chrisb95

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So my Optimus V, bought brand new a few months ago, I have never rooted it, so it is clean. Now today, the phone was giving me low space messages, and I had a lot of stuff I did not need, so I decided to do a factory reset, which said it would only erase the applications etc. I assumed this would then reboot and be like when I bought it, but instead, when it rebooted, it took me to the Android System Recovery and I have no idea what to do here. I have the option to reboot system now, usb-ms toggle, backup/restore, flash zip from sdcard, wipe, partition sdcard, mounts, other, and power off. at the bottom it says Build: RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM.

What do I do to get it back? Do I need to contact LG or can I take care of this myself?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That is not the stock recovery. If you are sure you did not root, then someone else did. The screen you are describing is a custom recovery. On the stock recovery you will not have options to backup and restore, partition, flash zip from sd card, etc.

chrisb95

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Nobody has touched my phone. And I personally have not done any modifications, the only thing I did was install ROM Manager because I planned on rooting it later and wanted to have it for when I needed it. Note though, I did not touch anything in ROM Manager, so does just installing it mess with my system?

Assuming I do have a custom recovery like you say, what do I do to get rid of it or get back to stock ROM?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Select the power off, wait a couple minutes pull the battery and put it back after 30 seconds.
Power the phone back and see what it does.

chrisb95

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
That did nothing, same situation. But honestly, if I did not touch anything in ROM Manager, how the hell did I get this custom recovery thing? Does this mean I can't send it to LG now?

chrisb95

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it fixed, for the future reference of everyone, I tried to flash the bumblebee rom to fix it, it was successful, but upon reboot, I was yet again at the android system recovery screen. I then went herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1117081 and downloaded the stock recovery and the flash zip provided, followed the instructions, flashed the zip, and upon reboot, I was booted into the bumblebee rom I had tried to install before :)

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't rooted you wouldn't be able to flash bumblebee... let alone be able to flash a custom recovery. When you bought it was it a factory refurb or used?

chrisb95

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Brand new sealed box. I know this is really weird, I still don't understand, all I did was install rom manager, and do a factory reset that got me stuck on the android system recovery, and then you know the rest

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Brand new sealed box. I know this is really weird, I still don't understand, all I did was install rom manager, and do a factory reset that got me stuck on the android system recovery, and then you know the rest
ROM Manager could not have done all that is required to root and install a custom recovery. If it could, we would all be using it for those purposes. Virgin Mobile packaged up a refurbished Optimus "V" with a 2.2.1 OS that had been Rooted and had a custom recovery installed. It takes a good deal of time and trouble to get the "V" rooted and install a custom recovery.Check the OS in menu/settings/about phone. Look at Android version. If it has version 2.2.2 then they really missed the mark when they sent it out(must have been a Friday close to quitting time).

One more thing:NEVER USE ROM Manager TO INSTALL A ROM it will only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. You need to wipe one more option and format 4 for a proper install of a new ROM.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
YOU ARE DEFINATELY ROOTED

dont kid yourself

there is absolutely NO frakkin way you would have a custom recovery installed OR have even been ABLE to flash that rom UNLESS YOU ARE ROOTED

now you need to find out where you bought the phone.

if you really got it from a box like you said that I would have to assume against all odds that someone rooted that phone, returned it with the stock rom, but a custom recovery and with a root, and the store repackaged it and resold it.

im not sure how likely that is but its the only explanation I can see unless you just admit you rooted your phone many months ago and forgot

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
At any rate, if your rooted you have two choices,1 because you are rooted and can change or delete system files, you need to install a custom recovery(I wouldn't install the one you had though) like asopClockWorkMod and Xionia_cwma_12518.4 and make a nandroid backup in the recovery(go to the backup and restore option) , 2. Revert back to stock

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo