Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Reboots, Delayed Texts and Calls

I hope all is well with my Droid friends. I've learned so much in the past year about my phone, and things have been fine until recently. In the past month, it just randomly reboots. I later found out that people had called me, and the ones who left voice mails, well, they didn't show up for days. The same thing's happening with texts. One night, I got like 10 texts at once; turns out people had sent them nearly a week before I got them! What is happening here? I haven't added apps, and I'm still running Backside 7.2 (2012/05/02). I guess my question is should I reflash, and if I should, what about the more recent ROMs, like ICS and JB? Is tethering functioning with either of those? Do they still have major stability issues? It's gotten to the point where friends and family think I'm ignoring them (and sometimes I am!), but we're getting to the point of the year where they'll be in touch more often. Thanks for any help, guys!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Random Reboots, Delayed Texts and Calls

I cannot speak to the ROMs but two things I would try.

First it could be a SIM card issue. maybe see if you can get that swapped out. I have heard of issues like yours on other phones and that solved the issue sometimes.
    If not, yeah I would back everything up and reflash

It's the network not your phone. Everything you described happens to me too. I've reflashed, reset my phone with the network through customer service but nothing helps. I obviously only deal with it because I pay 25 a month, lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am not sure how your company handles it, but verizon has in the past done a remote PRL update for me and that cleared up and issue I had with my wifes phone. See if they can do that and it could help.

You are going to have to call from a phone other than your cell because you will have to go through a reboot