Exclude certain audio files from Music App??

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a few audio clips of my conversations with my grandma that are obviously not music but they are listed in the stock music app that's came with Mirage rom. Is there anyway to exclude those from the app??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know where those audio clips are stored? If you can store them in their own folder, that would be idea, because if you create a blank file titled ".nomedia" (using any file manager app), then Android's Media Scanner will ignore that folder when populating media player libraries. However, if you do want to play those audio clips at some point, you won't be able to find them using any media player. Instead, you'd have to navigate to that folder using your file manager app, then open the audio clips from there.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Their all in various folders on my SD card. Thanks for the .nomedia work around!! :)

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am using ES File Explorer and it won't let me create a .nonexistent folder or any folder starting with a dot. Work arounds?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried creating the folder without . in front, then make sure the directory you made the folder in is mounted R/W, then rename with . in frount?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty