Video How To Enable Stock Wireless Hotspot

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Here is the icon I use for my hotspot shortcut if anyone is interested.

When naming the shortcut, click the icon to change it.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a particular reason this is missing any mention that Launcher Pro is required? It's just the thread title and video title are pretty generic and that's a fairly huge detail.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I gotta give this round to joshua. No reason to use an app to toggle a single setting that is already in the OS.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
There is a huge difference between the app you mentioned and the stock settings the app uses a computer to computer network rather than wifi hotspots oh and it disconnects continuously.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's probably also worth mentioning that this isn't "legal". Virgin's terms of service specifically forbid tethering:

Virgin Mobile USA

"If your plan includes data services, such services are provided solely for purposes of web browsing, messaging, and similar activities...You may not use the data service...for tethering your mobile phone to a personal computer or other hardware"

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's probably also worth mentioning that this isn't "legal". Virgin's terms of service specifically forbid tethering:

Virgin Mobile USA

"If your plan includes data services, such services are provided solely for purposes of web browsing, messaging, and similar activities...You may not use the data service...for tethering your mobile phone to a personal computer or other hardware"

I'll report myself immediately. I hope they don't send me a huge bill :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
.Eventually, this will be settled by the courts, just like jailbreaking was.

What technically can be construed as sharing your data with your PC?

If you transfer a media file to your PC that you downloaded with the phone, is that considered tethering, or would it only be so if you downloaded it straight to your PC via wifi tethering?

What's the difference? Either way, I have the file on my PC via my phone's data plan.

So many shades of grey.