Some strange wifi issue (no data in or out)

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So here is an interesting one...

I have the same rom on my phone and my GF's phone, rodimus... We even have the same theme.

However, her phone will drop wifi (the icon stays, with full signal) and she can't browse the net unless she turns off wifi and then turns it back on. This only happens on my router (where we are both connected to my wifi with each of our optimus Vs).

My phone NEVER does this.

I use WPA2 AES on my router.

I did some google searches and saw others complaining in other forums, but it seems to be something people were only having with stock roms (that I could tell).

So, has anyone else had this issue?

For testing, I set up another SSID on the router and used WEP (UGH!) to see if that helped. One thing I read was that if you used WPA2, you may have this issue. I also set reserved ip addresses since I read that it may be a dhcp issue on the phone (it only leases for 60 seconds or something)...

Anyone?

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems as though setting it to WEP on the other router has helped, she did not have the issue yet tonight.

50 views, has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me??

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems as though setting it to WEP on the other router has helped, she did not have the issue yet tonight.

50 views, has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me??
I run stock and I haven't had that issue.
I'm sure you know WEP is very insecure. You might as well throw another insecure security measure on top of it and do MAC filtering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty