Best app To backup apps

gater

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had some issues with Titanium backup and was wondering what everyone else uses to back up programs. I tried "File Expert" and "Astro", but they don't link the programs back to the market. What is everyone out there using?

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could offer something useful -- I'm just too new. Instead I'll add a question -- what issues did you have with Titanium Backup? Forgive me if I hijack the thread -- I hope I'm not.

I just tried my first flash (nothing fancy, just xionia-VM). I used (or tried to use) Titanium to restore the apps I'd backed up before. Each and every app I restored required me to respond to an installation prompt, and didn't "remember" it had been on the SD, so I had to move them back as I went to avoid running out of memory. Worse, while some stuff came over fine (my long, random password for my wireless LAN, my email settings) other stuff didn't (my SMS history). Thankfully the nand restore worked as advertised, and I'm back to where I started.

So...how are backup apps SUPPOSED to work? Where does Titanium do well, and where does it fall flat? What do people look for? What SHOULD we be looking for? If there's a tutorial I missed somewhere, please feel free to direct me to it.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My Backup Pro. Backups and restores all Apps at once instead of 500 clicks.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried the trial version of Mybackup Root, and I decided not to buy it.
It did a fine job backing up the apps. However, when it was time to restore and I chose to restore all apps, only about 65% of the apps were restored. I had to run the restore several times with the remaining apps checked until all the apps were restored. Each time, the program did not restore a number of apps.

I don't know where the problem is.

The program does seems to be great in theory.

matthew2109

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have used Titanium Backup Pro the paid app. I have never had a problem with it. Works well and Freezes Verizon's crappy bloatware

Sent from my DX using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I always had bad experience with these "app backup" apps.

they always seem to have some quirks.

on every app I download, the settings are saved in the cloud, so when I move to a newer ROM, all i do is sign in and google backup starts downloading all my apps and all my old settings,

I just totally wipe my phone, install the new rom, sign into google, wait a few minutes, and everythings back.

do these titanium backup apps do something that a standard google service doesnt?

heck, google even backed up my wallpaper!!

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My Backup Pro works well for me, I make one backup, wipe everythin, restore the one backup. Phones back to exactly how it was before I flashed a rom. Not sure why you werent able to restore some apps, never had that problem.

gater

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could offer something useful -- I'm just too new. Instead I'll add a question -- what issues did you have with Titanium Backup? Forgive me if I hijack the thread -- I hope I'm not.

I just tried my first flash (nothing fancy, just xionia-VM). I used (or tried to use) Titanium to restore the apps I'd backed up before. Each and every app I restored required me to respond to an installation prompt, and didn't "remember" it had been on the SD, so I had to move them back as I went to avoid running out of memory. Worse, while some stuff came over fine (my long, random password for my wireless LAN, my email settings) other stuff didn't (my SMS history). Thankfully the nand restore worked as advertised, and I'm back to where I started.

So...how are backup apps SUPPOSED to work? Where does Titanium do well, and where does it fall flat? What do people look for? What SHOULD we be looking for? If there's a tutorial I missed somewhere, please feel free to direct me to it.

It works great most of the time, but I've had a few times when it either doesn't let me restore all of the programs, or I reinstall all of them and a few don't work. Just annoying little things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38