strange music problems

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
i threw on a bunch of mp3s in the music folder on my sd card to listen in the Music app. the problem is . when i view the list of songs, 2 or 3 songs among all the songs i put on the card, when i tap to play it it instantly skips to the next song down in the list. so i cant play 2 of the songs. they are all the format. what could be wrong?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i threw on a bunch of mp3s in the music folder on my sd card to listen in the Music app. the problem is . when i view the list of songs, 2 or 3 songs among all the songs i put on the card, when i tap to play it it instantly skips to the next song down in the list. so i cant play 2 of the songs. they are all the format. what could be wrong?

try deleting that music folder and copy it again from your PC.

if that doesnt work, do this

go to android, unmount the SD card.

connect the card to your pc, back up all your folders and stuff from it to the pc.

format the card with the pc.

stick the card in the phone, format it with the phone, then connect to your pc and bring all the backed up folders back, as well as your music.

Ive seen this happen where a card that hasnt been formatted in awhile develops weird little errors.

oh you can also try having the phone re scan for media, do this by deleting the cache files on the SDcard, (i think one is in the music folder, and another in com.android.data or something) you can delete all of those and the phone will just rebuild it though

when you do that, the phone cant find any history of music, so it scans and rebuilds the cache and your music might work after that. unless it really is corrupt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non