Is it salvageable?

ftbllplr

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm I have an HTC Vivid that I need help with. I rooted it a few months ago which I eventually figured out and got working. After that it stopped charging. I took it to the place where I got it (a electronics buy/sell/repair place) and they replaced the charge port for me, but now no computers recognize it. I have all the programs and tried it on multiple computers and it always says its not recognizable. I thought it wasn't connected right, so I checked the connections and they're fine. I thought maybe something about the phone didn't recognize the new part correctly so I attempted to return it to factory settings through the boot menu or whatever and now it doesn't get past the white htc screen. I believe I need to flash a new rom, but can I do that without being able to connect it and interface with a computer? Can I somehow get it to its factory settings and see if it still isn't recognized?

Thanks for any help.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Try reinstalling the drivers for the phone. Htc should have it on their website.

Posted via the Android Central App

ftbllplr

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've checked all the drivers. It stopped communicating with the computer literally the day they changed the plug. I'll try again, recheck them all though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty