Anyone have a better "DRRRRRRRROID" notification?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have anything newer/updated or better sounding than the "DRRRRRRRRRRRROID" notification?

Maybe the same sound but higher pitched? or something else?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
or maybe something that sounds like 2 voices, stereo sounding, one high pitched, one lower pitched saying DROID at the same time..

Sciurus#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago but I've been too busy to play around with the idea until this morning. Here's my try at it. (These are WAV files. I'm fairly new to Android so if they should be in some other format let me know.)

I've included the original in case anyone wanted it. Then I have it shifted up an octave. Then I mixed the two together.

original
higher
mixed together

I'm still playing around with this idea. An octave is easy - it's just double the frequency. If I can find the right pitches in between I want to make a harmonizing chorus of droids. Barbershop quartet droids!
Gimme some time.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
whoa..thats badass.

EDIT: Dude. props bro.. that is awesome sounding on my phone.

Last edited:

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Would you be able to make the lower sounding "drrrrrrrroid" just a little bit louder?

sounds like the higher pitched is just a tad louder..

All in all, I use it on 2 Droid phones now.. I dig it totally.. just curious what it would sound like if the deeper sound was just a tad louder.

Sciurus#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Here ya go.
I cut the volume of the high pitched one down to 50%. I think it sounds about right but it might be too soft now. Honestly, I've been messing with it too much to tell anymore.
I don't mind tweaking it some more, so let me know what you think.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
how would u get this sound to be your notification?

Copy to your media card.. Android index all sounds/music.. what I did was create a folder called Media and inside called Notifications.. i put it there and then when I went Gmail, went to notifications and the new sound was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87