Using a US T-Mobile / Wind in Toronto

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if I could drop a pay as you go, Wind SIM card in my US T-Mo S3 and use it in Toronto?

Will any issues arise in swapping SIM cards? I assume doing so will replace all of my current texts, contacts, and phone log history?

Opinions? Would it just be better to use the pay as you go phone, instead of trying to swap the SIM?

I'll be in Toronto for a week, and really want a data connection that won't destroy my bank account. :)

Thank you.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The logs etc will not disappear. Check the phones bands against the local bands required. Depending on what you find it should be all go

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The logs etc will not disappear. Check the phones bands against the local bands required. Depending on what you find it should be all go

Uh? Clearly you don't know that T-Mobile is the similar cell network to WIND in Canada?

If you have a newer phone and it's unlocked putting in a WIND SIM or any other carrier won't be an issue. I am surprise though that T-Mobile doesn't have a North America plan like WIND does. The only bad thing about WIND it's network isn't as reliable nor stable as T-Mobile's. So I would recommend to get your phone unlocked (if it's a newer model) and use a SIM from Rogers, Bell and or Telus.

Examples of phones; Samsung Note 4 and up, S5 and up work on all 4 networks. I am sure the other brand of phones are similar.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699