NO ICS :(

Rogue65

May 4, 2012
Visit site
OK... so I FINALLY got my a100 to update... but only from 3.2 to 3.2.1.... what gives? where is ICS? Any information would be great... thanks.....

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gen 2 tab updated to 3.2.1 a couple days ago. Today I awoke and had 2 small updates followed by the ICS update. So it is apparently coming. Hang in there.

Rogue65

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I woke up to the same thing this morning... two smaller updates and then the ICS update..... FINALLY... lol.... oh yeah... and it was a 4.0.3 update.......

PookaLady

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
WELL, at least we are not alone.Still waiting May 9th.I actually thought the tab would immediately update when it arrived.Should have known better. The update was already released and people were posting about it when my tab arrived at my home.

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got a A500 that was delivered Wednesday from SECONDIPITY. It was honeycomb when I opened it up and immediately started updating to ICS. My A100 still is stuck on Honeycomb.

PookaLady

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got a A500 that was delivered Wednesday from SECONDIPITY. It was honeycomb when I opened it up and immediately started updating to ICS. My A100 still is stuck on Honeycomb.

Glad things went so smoothly for you.That is what I had expectedly would happen when my a100 arrived.I am still waiting. Still smiling though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad things went so smoothly for you.That is what I had expectedly would happen when my a100 arrived.I am still waiting. Still smiling though.

One possible solution would be for you to do a factory reset of your A100, totally wipe out the memory, then see if it will update. Obviously, this would be a big pain if you have a lot of data to backup and restore, but it might work.

rrand

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of chat with Acer. First they asked for my serial number which I don't have because the little paper fell out of my A100 when i first got it. She said she couldn't help me then, though she said she would provide me with general information.

First, she sent me the link about preparing your tablet for upgrade - for the A500! I told her that was the wrong version. I already knew because i looked at it before.

Then, she sent me instructions for turning on automatic updates, which of course, is already set up.

Then, she sent me a link to the schedule of updates, and said the rollout could take a week. I told her it's almost been two weeks, and then she said that was all she could do and sent me an address for email support.

rrand

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I found my serial number so I contacted acer again. This time they made no reference to my serial number. I was told not to worry, I'll receive it within a week. That's all.

PookaLady

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well here we go,Fri. morning,May 11th and still no sign of ics.I sure would like to see it show up before Sunday, Mother's Day. The Acer Iconia a100 wirh ics was suppose to be my Mother's Day gift to me from me. My pout lip is starring to quiver.Lol.
Gen 2, 3.2.1.

Btw, acer chat customer service told me the same thing....... a week ago.
I contactted them because I thought it might have something to do with just purchasing right after the release of ics to USA. They said it didn't and it would show up within a week.It It had already beeneeleased over a wewk when I contacted them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty