My Acer A100 won't check for updates, even after hard reset

Bdoom2

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I just joined, but. I do have a problem. And it's with my Acer A100. It won't even check for updates. It will say that my network coverage is currently poor, and pleading me to move to a location with better coverage to continue, when my coverage is at 5 bars. What could be the problem, is that my mother bought this used. Any suggestions?

Bdoom2

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had this tablet for awhile now. And we have unplugged the router for 10 seconds, and then plugging it back in for different reasons, and it still doesn't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it only tell you that coverage is poor when you're trying to update the system, or does it tell you that when trying to access the web in general?

What current Android version does it have? The final update it got was to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), so don't expect it to have any further official updates.

prat65

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I recently found an Acer Iconia A100 that I had misplaced some years ago. Unfortunately, I have not upgraded the OS from Honeycomb. Whenever I try to do a system update, I get the error that the Network signal is weak, and says to try again after moving to a different area - this even when the signal eshows at 5 bars. The rest of the web access works fine. How can I upgrade this to ICS? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or have you only tried your home network?

Jaime April

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Acer A100 will not connect to the Playstore or check for updates and keeps telling me there is no connection or that my network connection is poor. I have 5 bars and my general internet works besides this (google, youtube, email etc). The Android version listen in my settings is 4.0.3

I only have wifi at my house but I have tried two different connections and both have the same problem.

Hope you can help me out!

Jaime April

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Found a solution online that will hopefully help Bdoom2 and prat65 as well. All I had to do was to go into settings and enable the automatic date and time. Not sure why this would have made a difference but as soon as I turned it on, my tablet started checking for updates and Playstore is working now as well :D