Formatting and using Micro SD

stexbr122

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed a SanDisk 16GB Micro SD card - it is showing up in my settings - storage - under the External SD card - but did not ask me to format it - am i suppose to format and if so how???? I have very little extra apps installed and am almost to my max on internal storage - there is an update and says there is not enough room to update. Can i install games from the market on the SD card - and if so how do i do that??? i really don't understand this!

romylam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I installed a SanDisk 16GB Micro SD card - it is showing up in my settings - storage - under the External SD card - but did not ask me to format it - am i suppose to format and if so how???? I have very little extra apps installed and am almost to my max on internal storage - there is an update and says there is not enough room to update. Can i install games from the market on the SD card - and if so how do i do that??? i really don't understand this!
SD cards are normally pre-formatted in FAT32 and that is the format the stock Android can read, hence no need for formatting.

As for moving apps to the SD card, I have no experience on this so can't help.

stexbr122

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
What is taking up so much space on your internal storage?

My iconia is new - all i have installed is Angry Birds and Skype - it shows my maps are using the most 25.66 MB - Angry Birds 21.94 MB an - Adobe Flash 11.96 - Skype 11.70 - the rest are small - i only have 6.84 MB storage left - i have a 16G iphone and i have so much on it and it is not even near full this is why i am not understanding why this is already out of internal storage. Any suggestions?

KnukLHeaD

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
My iconia is new - all i have installed is Angry Birds and Skype - it shows my maps are using the most 25.66 MB - Angry Birds 21.94 MB an - Adobe Flash 11.96 - Skype 11.70 - the rest are small - i only have 6.84 MB storage left - i have a 16G iphone and i have so much on it and it is not even near full this is why i am not understanding why this is already out of internal storage. Any suggestions?

That doesnt seem right. Unless you have alot of pics or videos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19