I had a question if anyone has the Idol 3 flip cover case. I purchased an inexpensive TPU case, and a tempered glass screen protector (I love these types of protectors, used them before).
    I saw this flip case that Alcatel makes themselves, and was wondering if anyone who owns one has an opinion on it.

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Phone-Cradle-ALCATEL-ONETOUCH/dp/B00ZAR87FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448896355&sr=8-1&keywords=idol+3+flip+case
    11-30-2015 09:15 AM
    I had a similar case for my Note 4 and I loved it! I'm not sure if the Idol is designed to work this way, BUT the Note had a special display mode for the case for the viewable area.
    11-30-2015 12:14 PM
    I had a similar case for my Note 4 and I loved it! I'm not sure if the Idol is designed to work this way, BUT the Note had a special display mode for the case for the viewable area.
    Thanks, it looks like it might as there is a flip cover setting on the Idol 3.
    11-30-2015 12:20 PM
    It's a decent case. Material feels good and adds some grip. Also shows some info and locks or unlocks phone if lock screen security is disabled. Don't like that it blocks led notification light and the sharp bottom edge.
    11-30-2015 12:40 PM
    It's a decent case. Material feels good and adds some grip. Also shows some info and locks or unlocks phone if lock screen security is disabled. Don't like that it blocks led notification light and the sharp bottom edge.
    Thanks, the sharp bottom end may be a deal breaker. I had a Rinke case for my Nexus 5, and it had sharp edges. After using it for awhile, especially for a phone call, it would get uncomfortable.
    11-30-2015 12:44 PM
    Sorry, I had one more question. Does the case have or use a magnet to keep it closed and to know when the flip is closed to have the Idol 3 go into flip case mode?

Thanks
    12-02-2015 05:56 PM
    Sorry, I had one more question. Does the case have or use a magnet to keep it closed and to know when the flip is closed to have the Idol 3 go into flip case mode?

Thanks
    Nope, and it sometimes flips open when you don't want it to.
    drhere likes this.
    12-02-2015 06:28 PM
    Nope, and it sometimes flips open when you don't want it to.
    Thanks.
    12-03-2015 07:14 AM
    Well, I picked up this case and received it yesterday, for the price it is ok. I think they may have redesigned it as the bottom is more open. It looks different than the photo on Amazon (who doesn't carry it anymore). It is a bit thicker than my TPU case, which is OK especially since it is now hitting winter, and I will be placing it in my coat pocket.
    The only thing I noticed, and did a search and it seems to be an ongoing issue, is I can see the date and time through the window, but I don't get notifications. I use Hangouts for SMS, maybe that's why because it isn't Alcatel's app, I also don't get other notifications that I would normally get though the lock screen.
    Hopefully there's a fix, or if someone knows something I'm missing, I'd appreciate any feedback.
    12-18-2015 12:09 PM