Constant ticking sound from Bluetooth headphones

Times-Thirty

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
These Altec Lansing headphones are brand new, I just plugged them in and gave them a go less than an hour ago, and what do you know, they make this constant, irritating ticking sound. Multiple ticks per second. I will add that the phone is about three years old. I'm using the 3.5 mm auxiliary cable the headphones came with.

I've never had a problem with the phone's built-in speakers. The sound is slightly contrasted between when there's audio playing and when there isn't - when there isn't, it's more of a "click-like" sound. I know the cable is plugged in securely on both ends. I don't why this happening.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- are these headphones both Bluetooth capable and wired? Does the clicking only happen when plugged in, or also when connected via Bluetooth?

Verna Mckelvin

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the edge 7, but never used the ear buds until this morning. I've been searching the net trying to find out why and found this. It is very annoying. Should I go back to Tmobile where I bought the phone?:(

Verna Mckelvin

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
also, to answer your question, I was using my laptop and tried all the ports available for audio first, then I tried my phone and it was still doing it on bluetooth and without.

Verna Mckelvin

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
ok, I just did a test and connected my wireless headphones and the clicking stopped on the phone. I tried the earbuds on the lap top and the clicking is still there. Weird....could it be that everyone in the house that is wireless is a problem? I need help from the techs on this....thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still a little confused. Do these Bluetooth headphones also have the ability to connect via a cable (i.e., do the headphones also have a Line In jack)? That's a little unusual for Bluetooth headphones. Also, are you hearing the clicking coming from the headphones or from the phone speaker?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084