Special offers and sponsored screensavers no longer optional.

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a bummer...I know the special offers are relegated to the screensaver and homescreen but it feels invasive to me. I was looking forward to the new Fire, now I'm having second thoughts about getting one.

I paid extra for the Kindle Keyboard so I wouldn't have to see the ads and would have paid extra to have the Fire HD ad free also.

threed61#WN

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I see my lockscreen/startscreen for 3 seconds max. I'd disable the ads if I could, but won't see much anyway. I long ago learned to tune out the Google ads.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I see my lockscreen/startscreen for 3 seconds max. I'd disable the ads if I could, but won't see much anyway. I long ago learned to tune out the Google ads.

Agreed. People are too worried over nothing. The ads aren't going to be on games or pop up over apps. It's most likely going to be like on previous Kindle's where it's the lock screen and maybe one at the bottom of the launcher.

sholling

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Now that there is an option to opt-out of ads I'm happy. I may not even spend the $15 (but I probably will) it's the option that's important. The smart thing for Amazon to have done was have it in there up front and then leave their customer with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Now that there is an option to opt-out of ads I'm happy. I may not even spend the $15 (but I probably will) it's the option that's important. The smart thing for Amazon to have done was have it in there up front and then leave their customer with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I agree with you, I may or may not opt out, but it's important to me that I have the choice.