Backlight Bleeding

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Let me first say I like this device so far... I actually returned my ipad 2 to go with the Fire.

Does anyone else have a backlight bleed around any of the edges? I have two small spots on the bottom edge that are visible when the screen is black. This was an issue with the ipad 2 also and sometimes disappeared after the adhesive had more time to set. The ipads were flying off the line so they did not get adequate cure time.

Thought?

jsprings03

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got it as well...same area as you. 2 spots on the bottom...one big spot in the middle of the bottom edge and a slight bleed to the left of that one. Not sure if it's worth returning if it's a common problem...

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't notice it at a glance but need to verify in a dark room...

Wonder if its related to the ports...

jedivulcan

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too. There's two spots at the bottom center edge of the screen directly above the ports. It's more apparent in a dark room at full brightness (when the device initially powers up and displays the Kindle Fire logo against the black screen at full brightness or when I'm watching a 4:3 format movie in Netflix in landscape mode).

I found this thread in addition to this one when I was searching as to whether it was a common issue (I'm leaning towards it is).

There are other users that have reported the same thing in the same location. I can't say that I've noticed it or it's become such a distraction that I need to request a replacement (and the hassle or risk of getting one that's worst). No dead pixels that I can see, no dust, no scratches. I use my Kindle Fire at 50% brightness during normal usage (I find maximum setting to be too bright).

elephantsway

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I also had light bleed on the upper left side, below the IR sensor. I had a replacement sent and it also has light bleed in the exact location as the original. My main concern is that it could worsen with use/time. It is distracting when watching tv shows/movies with dark backdrops (which is very frequent). I'm not sure if I should get a third sent. Is this the norm and most people never notice it or is it a certain batch? Is there any other evidence to suggest what lostaggie said about not giving adequate cure time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez