I got my kindle fire today and I love everything about it... except it doesn't have the android market. Is there a way for me to get it without rooting my kindle?
    12-24-2011 04:00 PM
    Nope
    12-24-2011 04:31 PM
    I install the android market but the kindle fire is not a supported. Device.unable to install any apps.
    Anyone got solution?
    12-25-2011 07:55 AM
    I install the android market but the kindle fire is not a supported. Device.unable to install any apps.
    Anyone got solution?
    Are you rooted? do you have do have Google Services Framework installed?
    12-25-2011 08:15 AM
    You need to root your Kindle Fire to install Google Market.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-25-2011 12:38 PM
    I have rooted my kindle, but android market detect kindle as unsupported device, was unable to.install any apps....
    12-26-2011 12:14 AM
    Did you install the framework file first, and the launcher as well?

edit

Forgot to post the link to the instructions to do that.
    http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets...fire-20111123/
    12-26-2011 12:18 AM
    I have rooted my kindle, but android market detect kindle as unsupported device, was unable to.install any apps....
    After rooting, there's a couple of additional steps to get the Market and the other Google apps working. Here's a link to some instructions:

[Updated 12/23][How-To] Root The Kindle Fire - RootzWiki
    12-26-2011 12:24 AM
    Even in android market webpage cant install apps, vending error Msg when I use apps to download, download is unsuccessful ..
    12-26-2011 12:49 AM
    ES Explorer won't allow me to move the market apk file to the system\app folder...

Does anyone have any insight on this?
    12-26-2011 01:00 AM
    Think I need a new goggle account
    Error msg
    the process. Market have stopped unexpectly.
    Please try again.
    12-26-2011 01:01 AM
    ES Explorer won't allow me to move the market apk file to the system\app folder...

Does anyone have any insight on this?
    Did you mount the system/app folder as r/w? By default the system folder is read only.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 01:04 AM
    Even in android market webpage cant install apps, vending error Msg when I use apps to download, download is unsuccessful ..
    Were you able to install the Google framework and change permissions for the Market file in the System/app folder?

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 01:06 AM
    Did you mount the system/app folder as r/w? By default the system folder is read only.

Sent using Tapatalk
    No, I'm not sure how to do that with ES... If I long press on it, I can go into properties, however I can't mount it to change it.
    12-26-2011 01:18 AM
    No, I'm not sure how to do that with ES... If I long press on it, I can go into properties, however I can't mount it to change it.
    With ES, you need to go into properties/security, and then enable the root permissions.

Just use Root Explorer, it's easier.
    12-26-2011 01:21 AM
    With ES, you need to go into properties/security, and then enable the root permissions.

Just use Root Explorer, it's easier.
    I read several posts earlier stating that Root Explorer is no longer available or operational on the Fire...

ES won't allow me to run in Root mode. Should I try it in Go Launcher? Or run it while in root mode in BurritoRoot?

Thanks for the help, guys.
    12-26-2011 01:26 AM
    I read several posts earlier stating that Root Explorer is no longer available or operational on the Fire...

ES won't allow me to run in Root mode. Should I try it in Go Launcher? Or run it while in root mode in BurritoRoot?

Thanks for the help, guys.
    Have you verified that your Kindle has been rooted?

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 01:31 AM
    Have you verified that your Kindle has been rooted?

Sent using Tapatalk
    I rooted with BurritoRoot. I used the option 3 "permanent root with superuser" so my assumption is that it's been rooted.

I was able to install the Google framework on it, and a few other google apps... When I try to make the system folder writeable, a menu pops up asking me to allow SU permission, I click allow, and then it says "sorry, test failed".
    12-26-2011 01:34 AM
    Sounds like the rooting process didn't work with your Kindle. Did you get any error messages when you ran the adb commands during the rooting process?

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 01:38 AM
    Ok, I downloaded Root Explorer on the chance it might work, and it did!

I'm good to go with the market now!

Thanks so much!
    12-26-2011 01:53 AM
    Congratulations. Now you can download away!

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 01:54 AM

Edit by Moderator
    DO NOT CLINK THESE LINKS

Spam city!!! It brings you to the site about "Kindle Fire" but there's so much background downloading you can't navigate, and if you try to click the close buttons in the adds that cover the page, they're dummy buttons that link you to other sites!!!
    01-03-2012 01:44 AM
    What apps are in the Android Market that aren't in the Amazon App Store that would be worth the trouble rooting, etc.? So far I haven't really run into any apps that I can't get that I'm just dying to have.
    01-06-2012 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD