Android Market

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my kindle fire today and I love everything about it... except it doesn't have the android market. Is there a way for me to get it without rooting my kindle?

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ES Explorer won't allow me to move the market apk file to the system\app folder...

Does anyone have any insight on this?

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not sure how to do that with ES... If I long press on it, I can go into properties, however I can't mount it to change it.

With ES, you need to go into properties/security, and then enable the root permissions.

Just use Root Explorer, it's easier.

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
With ES, you need to go into properties/security, and then enable the root permissions.

Just use Root Explorer, it's easier.

I read several posts earlier stating that Root Explorer is no longer available or operational on the Fire...

ES won't allow me to run in Root mode. Should I try it in Go Launcher? Or run it while in root mode in BurritoRoot?

Thanks for the help, guys.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I read several posts earlier stating that Root Explorer is no longer available or operational on the Fire...

ES won't allow me to run in Root mode. Should I try it in Go Launcher? Or run it while in root mode in BurritoRoot?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Have you verified that your Kindle has been rooted?

Sent using Tapatalk

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you verified that your Kindle has been rooted?

Sent using Tapatalk

I rooted with BurritoRoot. I used the option 3 "permanent root with superuser" so my assumption is that it's been rooted.

I was able to install the Google framework on it, and a few other google apps... When I try to make the system folder writeable, a menu pops up asking me to allow SU permission, I click allow, and then it says "sorry, test failed".

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the rooting process didn't work with your Kindle. Did you get any error messages when you ran the adb commands during the rooting process?

Sent using Tapatalk

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded Root Explorer on the chance it might work, and it did!

I'm good to go with the market now!

Thanks so much!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty