Bricked after rooted + MORE!

Jma84

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP! My dad had me root his Kindle Fire so he could get the Android Marketplace. Everything was going grand. I succesfully rooted the Kindle Fire with Burritoroot3. I later installed goLauncher EX (I believe that's the name) and a google framework apk along with a android marketplace app. The android marketplace app never worked and idk what the google framework did. I cannot delete the files because the Kindle is stuck on a screen that says "Press the Android to continue" with a picture of an android logo with a hand repeatedly clicking it. There is no way whatsoever to get past this screen. Also, when i try to delete these files with my computer it doesn't work. I click "open" on "Removable Disk (F:)" which is the Kindle. When i try to open it, it says "F:\ Application not found". I keep trying to reboot and nothing works. PLEASE HELP!!! I have almost no computer experience and will need STEP BY STEP instructions on how to fix this! THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!

-Jacob

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE HELP! My dad had me root his Kindle Fire so he could get the Android Marketplace. Everything was going grand. I succesfully rooted the Kindle Fire with Burritoroot3. I later installed goLauncher EX (I believe that's the name) and a google framework apk along with a android marketplace app. The android marketplace app never worked and idk what the google framework did. I cannot delete the files because the Kindle is stuck on a screen that says "Press the Android to continue" with a picture of an android logo with a hand repeatedly clicking it. There is no way whatsoever to get past this screen. Also, when i try to delete these files with my computer it doesn't work. I click "open" on "Removable Disk (F:)" which is the Kindle. When i try to open it, it says "F:\ Application not found". I keep trying to reboot and nothing works. PLEASE HELP!!! I have almost no computer experience and will need STEP BY STEP instructions on how to fix this! THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!

-Jacob

That's the first thing I tried... It's bricked...

Sorry, nope; not a brick. You have to try much harder than that to brick these bad boys trust me on that one ;)

Assuming ADB will speak to it than it's pie; if not might be a little more difficult but still def not bricked.

First try Kindle Fire Utility

Use the option to obtain the stock update.zip to revert to stock than proceed with rerooting and installing GApps, Market and GoLauncherEX.

Now, if ADB won't connect and the above listed Utility doesn't work, things get a little more complicated.

You will need to force the device into fastboot mode and install FireFireFire and CWM Recovery (there are a few versions over on XDA including one of my own but at the time of this post the one linked is the most current). After that you can boot the device into recovery and flash any rom you want (personally I would recommend installing FireFireFire and CWM regardless of if you intend on using the stock ROM, they will give you the functionality to easily recovery from issues like this in the future) (random fact about the kindle: while flashing an OTA zip in custom recovery will almost certainly brick most devices the installation of the stock zip for the kindle works a little differently; most reports have simply removed the recovery and returned the device to full stock. Because of this running custom recovery loses pretty much all of it's risk as OTAs will not cause the device to brick (at least with the current firmware versions))

For information on forcing the device into fastboot without adb access please see: Making/Using a factory cable

There is a guy selling professional quality cables on that thread as well; I bought one a few weeks ago because I let my battery die while running a ramdisk that didn't support offline charging Oo; my fault I knew that afterall when I flashed it. He does great work and had already processed shipping fully within the same hour as my ordering it.

Good luck and remember; it isn't bricked it if still boots fully :p

PS.
If KFU works and you don't need the factory cable as I said before you may still want to install FireFireFire and CWM; you can cheat if the device is in a fully working state. Smirkis has you covered with his installation scripts for gscripts (the recovery included is compiled from my source tree and is subsequently an older (still fully working) version than the one linked earlier.

Last edited: