[TIP] Getting A Screen Protector On Straight

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The recommendation is often to remove the first protective film and then align it very carefully with the screen. This is easier said than done. As like as not, the sticky protector grabs the screen before you've aligned it properly, and you have to pull it off and try again. As you sweat and curse and begin to panic, in come the specks of dust and grit.

A much easier method is to take all the time in the world to position the protector on the screen....WITHOUT having removed the first protective film, which of course is the one that faces downwards. This way, you can get it near perfect. Once you are satisfied, take two pieces of clear adhesive tape an inch or so long, and, holding the protector firmly in its perfect position and alignment, apply the pieces of tape like door hinges, securing the protector to the phone.
Then lift the protector, like opening a door, remove the first protective film, and allow the protector to drop down onto the screen. Follow that with the rest of the installation procedure, removing air bubbles etc. Be careful when removing the tape hinges after their job is done.

This method works for both glass and plastic protectors. I find that it's much quicker than the normal method, and more likely to result in correct alignment with top, bottom, sides, camera lens, speakers, and so on.

Of course, at all stages, dust must still be kept at bay....GOOD luck. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Getting A Screen Protector On Straight

Very nice.
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Nexus 6.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Tape is a pretty good idea. You could even leave the tape on while the screen protector cures for while before pulling the tape off.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Hinge method works well. I might also suggest doing it in a steamy bathroom to reduce lint. You can also use alcohol to clean the screen and wipe with a microfiber cloth. then use tape to remove any remaining lint from the screen. I work the tape from top to bottom to ensure that the whole screen is covered.

Use a credit card to squeeze out any bubbles.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^Agreed. I also find that doing everything outdoors is good given the right conditions. It may be that the air is cleaner, but at the same time because of the extra light it's easier to see any specks of dust that may settle on the screen, right up to the moment when you let the protector drop.

Posted via the Android Central App

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine, when I ordered the phone, from Verizon. Got it for 17.99 shipped. Wont receive either until Wednesday, so not sure of the fit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non