Android AccessService

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this would be surprising if you have an Accessibility feature turned on -- do you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accessibility and see if anything there is turned on.

AccessService is most likely a system app related to accessibility.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Normally I would think this is a system app, but searching the web came up with this: https://github.com/patanjalikr13/Android-Undetectable-Spy-App. I'm not well-versed enough in spyware to know how legit this is, but it is enough to make me wonder. "AccessibilityService would be the official system app, not "AccessService."

If you tap on Vision, Hearing, and Dexterity and Interaction in that screen do any of the submenus show anything turned on?

I would also boot the phone into Safe Mode and see if that message still shows up. Which phone do you have?

Have you rooted your phone, sideloaded any apk files, or tapped a link in any browser popups lately?

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Hmm. Normally I would think this is a system app, but searching the web came up with this: https://github.com/patanjalikr13/Android-Undetectable-Spy-App. I'm not well-versed enough in spyware to know how legit this is, but it is enough to make me wonder. "AccessibilityService would be the official system app, not "AccessService."

If you tap on Vision, Hearing, and Dexterity and Interaction in that screen do any of the submenus show anything turned on?

I would also boot the phone into Safe Mode and see if that message still shows up. Which phone do you have?

Have you rooted your phone, sideloaded any apk files, or tapped a link in any browser popups lately?

no on any relevant sub menus being turned on. I haven't tried safe mode yet (gotta figure that out). I have LG Stylo 5.

I do not remember any pop ups

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Having seen the app that B Diddy linked to this app really does concern me. Is there any way to remove it?

The instructions for safe mode:

The process for turning on Safe mode is as follows:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power off.

When the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Your device will then restart and it will say “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it takes me to the "Accessibility" screen posted above
Ok at the bottom of your screen in accessibility one of the 4 is related to that message , try toggle one by one of those 4 services there on/off see which gives that pop up , it might be a extension service of one of those on the list.

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Ok at the bottom of your screen in accessibility one of the 4 is related to that message , try toggle one by one of those 4 services there on/off see which gives that pop up , it might be a extension service of one of those on the list.

Tried toggling those 4. None of them makes that message pop up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also u see at the bottom of your screen shot my Verizon navigation , you added that app ?
Digital secure and switch access , did you download apps pertaining to those?

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site

I rebooted in safe mode and the message still appears when I go into that menu just as before (settings-privacy-accessibility usage). This is a good sign, right? That app must have been there when the phone was new and is part of the operating system??

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Also u see at the bottom of your screen shot my Verizon navigation , you added that app ?
Digital secure and switch access , did you download apps pertaining to those?

The closest thing I can find in apps is "android accessibility suite" and "android auto" and "android system webview" all of which are said to have been downloaded from google play store. Also, I'm pretty sure the verizon stuff has been installed since the phone was new. I "bought" it directly from verizon. Also, there are multiple verizon apps that still appear in safe mode so they are "native" to the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress