Force Every App to Use (some sorta) Dark Mode in Beta 3 Developer Options

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Some things I like better about it and other things not so much. Black search bar on the home screen I prefer dark just because white was so bright. I like the calendar more but not sure about the email app. I wish it was more dark gray and not jet black. I would prefer that better. my Google feed is dark gray and that's much better than jet black however that was changed previously. Perhaps when this is officially released dark mode will be more of a dark gray. But to each their own, everybody has their own preferences. Apple is supposed to come out with a dark mode next month in the first beta. I'm looking forward to see how they implement that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more with you! I've long wanted Gmail application, Google calendar application, And pretty much everything else to be in dark mode and now it is. It looks fantastic! Everything is consistently cohesive and smooth!

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Same here that was the first thing I saw and I did NOT like that one bit. I immediately turned it off.
I s'pose I could've gotten used to it, but my eye kept zooming in on it every time I unlocked the phone, which seemed pointless since I rarely use that search bar. (Actually, I don't think I've ever used it.) Google Play looked creepy with a black search bar, too. But the killer was not being able to read the prompts on my Google Rewards surveys. Vital communications like those need to be preserved at all costs!!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you mean. Shockingly though I don't have those issues on my phone. Sorry to hear that though.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a search bar on my home page but I have found I have to reset the dark override every time I power on the phone. So, I'm back to a white calendar.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't have a search bar on my home page but I have found I have to reset the dark override every time I power on the phone.
Thanks for that. I thought I'd turned the override back on to see if was still flaky, but I guess a restart shut it off.