theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Saw a friend of mine yesterday at a picnic who works for the Goog. He had 2.3.5 on his Nexus S. Internal only for now. Not sure what it does differently or fixes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ryaxnb

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it may have dual core fixes. That's been a running issue with android. I would also expect tweaks to the hw layer to support Quallcomm Snapdragon dual-core chips and perhaps the OMAP4 chip better. I wonder if 2.3.5 may even introduce more API changes, but possibly not, (like 2.3.3) to support dual core, Google Videos, DRM standardization and Honeycomb/Gingerbread dual-mode apps, as well as perhaps more standardized support for 3d displays/images/videos and of cours 960x540 displays, including PenTile type displays. Basically, stuff that is already in wide use in phones today, and could benefit from standardization.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk

JSKershaw

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Captivate that's running CyanogenMod7 Nightly and it's been updated to 2.3.5

I'm not sure that the differences are, but it's nice to get the update this quickly.

If someone can help by pointing me to a post that explains what has changed from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 that would be a great help. I'm surprised this has missed the keen eyes of Android Central. From what I understand the Nexus S should already have the update.