Noob Mod ?'s

kajdna

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Now that my N1 is paid for, runs the last Gingerbread, and is "end of life" (no ICS), it's time to jump off the fence I've been straddling since January, 2010!

Q1: Is CyanMod a replacement OS for Android OS or a customization of Android OS? I went to Google Images and I see only our green mascot. If it's a GUI what does it look like and what does it include?
Q2: T or F? If I unlock the bootloader and flash the ROM it will already have su (root), so I won't need to root. You could say that root's already included. I think the answer is T. But maybe I'm missing something.
Q3: Is there an agreed upon best source, best step-by-step for rooting but NOT unlocking bootloader for N1 running 2.3.6? I have WIN7, Mac Snow Leopard, and Linux Ubuntu, but I'll probably root on Win7.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

P.S. If I brick my N1, I'll jump to Verizon and Samsung Note. But another year month by month with no contract on TMO for my N1 would be cool. My N1 gripe is that 90% of apps do not transfer to SD card, and the internal memory is VERY limited. Which above mod could solve this problem, if either, and how??

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419