Question Asus Zenfone 6 no backlight

dmcalin

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
Today I decided to restart my phone as I usually do when it goes for weeks on end, however once it reboot the screen was dead.
Took me a while to realize it's just the backlight that's not working.
The weird part is that, if I restart the phone, the backlight works at the bootloader logos, but once the phone gets to the asus logo (guessing that's when it starts the OS boot), the backlight just goes off, and I can't do anything about it, I can navigate through the phone with no issue if I light up the screen with a flashlight.
A note about this phone, a while ago I broke it in half and had it fixed (new chassis with screen, all other components migrated into new chassis, but I never changed the back panel, I just had it slapped with some double sided tape on the back).
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:

dmcalin

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
update:
I removed the motherboard to gain access to the light sensor (from photos online I think it is that), the phone has the same symptoms without the sensor, backlight works only on the bootloader part, once OS starts booting the light goes off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on? If so, take it off. A poorly designed protector that covers the proximity sensor can make the phone constantly think it's either in dark room or up against the ear.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29