Google talk on ICS

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess this is really an ICS question, but since GN would be the first ICS device...

Does anybody know whether ICS finally allows users to switch among multiple Google talk accounts on one phone?

I highly doubt it would happen on Gingerbread or earlier, and I remember reading it somewhere it is already reality on Honeycomb, but I would really want some kind of certainty amidst all these uncertainties...

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on ICS, obviously, but can confirm that you can change Google Talk accounts on Honeycomb (there's a drop down menu at the top of the screen from which you select the account).

Paul

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on ICS, obviously, but can confirm that you can change Google Talk accounts on Honeycomb (there's a drop down menu at the top of the screen from which you select the account).

Paul
You can sign out of the account and then it brings you to a screen showing the Google accounts linked to the tablet and you pick which one to sign in on. That's Honeycomb.

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You can sign out of the account and then it brings you to a screen showing the Google accounts linked to the tablet and you pick which one to sign in on. That's Honeycomb.

On my XOOM at least you don't have to sign out, just select the account you want and bingo, job done. If you aren't already signed into Google Talk with that account, it will sign in automatically (and almost instantaneously) but it doesn't sign you out of your other accounts.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
On my XOOM at least you don't have to sign out, just select the account you want and bingo, job done. If you aren't already signed into Google Talk with that account, it will sign in automatically (and almost instantaneously) but it doesn't sign you out of your other accounts.
Thanks for the confirmation! It makes me feel that much better:) Now I just really hope Google doesn't downgrade features for tablets with ICS rolling out...

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the ICS ROM on my Nexus S 4G and you can see all the accounts you have. The first screen shows all your accounts and you just click the one you wanna go to. There's also an option to add another account if you want.

jaestreetsss

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the ICS ROM on my Nexus S 4G and you can see all the accounts you have. The first screen shows all your accounts and you just click the one you wanna go to. There's also an option to add another account if you want.

Same here you can also be signed in to all accounts at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk