Great article on some bugs Android needs fixing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Careful. You can't be critical about Android here. The fanboys will jump all over you.

About that article -

Back button: In my normal use, I don't think I'm ending up where I wasn't expected to be. I'll pay more attention though to see if I see that issue. I use the Task Switcher or Home key a lot, vs. the back key when switching in an out of apps.

Google Maps: that's an issue with the app, not really the core of Android

Recent apps list: I have seen this before, especially when I'm playing a game with ads and accidentally click on the ad. Doesn't bother me as much though.

Icons Will Open The Wrong App: Sonds like more of an issue with apps that have multiple icons. AFAIK, Latitude is part of Maps. Same thing with Google+ and the Messenger feature of Google+. I have seen this issue with Messenger before but I'd chalk it up to being an app issue rather than a core Android issue.

No Two Icons Are The Same Size: Seems like a personal preference issue. My grid looks fine.

The Google Voice Icon Makes No Sense: Again, an issue with an app, not necessarily stock Android.

The Play Store Doesn't Remember Your Scroll Location: This I hate!

..and holy crap I didn'r realize this article was so long. hahaha

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Careful. You can't be critical about Android here. The fanboys will jump all over you.

Icons Will Open The Wrong App: Sonds like more of an issue with apps that have multiple icons. AFAIK, Latitude is part of Maps. Same thing with Google+ and the Messenger feature of Google+. I have seen this issue with Messenger before but I'd chalk it up to being an app issue rather than a core Android issue.

The Google Voice Icon Makes No Sense: Again, an issue with an app, not necessarily stock Android.

latitude/Maps issue has been resolved with the latest map update. the latitude icon is gone after the update (Can be accessed from Inside maps now) so that issue is gone

google voice icon make sense. the author assume that Gvoice is only for text but its not. it can make calls too.
So the icon make perfect sense because its a "Phone" Icon inside "Message" icon box.

over all the article is a good article but the important thing is Matia Duarte(Director of Android OS) read it and replied that Android is only 1/3rd of what he want Android to be. Hopefully he fixes all this in next release.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
latitude/Maps issue has been resolved with the latest map update. the latitude icon is gone after the update (Can be accessed from Inside maps now) so that issue is gone

google voice icon make sense. the author assume that Gvoice is only for text but its not. it can make calls too.
So the icon make perfect sense because its a "Phone" Icon inside "Message" icon box.

over all the article is a good article but the important thing is Matia Duarte(Director of Android OS) read it and replied that Android is only 1/3rd of what he want Android to be. Hopefully he fixes all this in next release.

Some of the things in the article were app issues though, not necessarily problems with Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa