Jellybean should update google wallet too

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think that a significant expansion to Google Wallet is due, and due soon. More credit and debit card support, store and gift cards, and a big push for retail store support needs to happen. Apple's Passbook app seems perfectly designed for NFC support with the next iPhone.

I'd hate to see Apple 'steal the show' in the NFC world (at least in the public eye) with the next iPhone. It's not that I don't want Apple's forthcoming NFC features to boost NFC adoption; that's a good thing. I just don't want to see the retailers, card issuers, and other entities jump on board with Apple and having potentially fewer incentives to support Android's NFC solutions like Google Wallet.

mrbanks

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think that a significant expansion to Google Wallet is due, and due soon. More credit and debit card support, store and gift cards, and a big push for retail store support needs to happen. Apple's Passbook app seems perfectly designed for NFC support with the next iPhone.

I'd hate to see Apple 'steal the show' in the NFC world (at least in the public eye) with the next iPhone. It's not that I don't want Apple's forthcoming NFC features to boost NFC adoption; that's a good thing. I just don't want to see the retailers, card issuers, and other entities jump on board with Apple and having potentially fewer incentives to support Android's NFC solutions like Google Wallet.

100% true sir

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Gosh, just having the ability to add a debit card would be fantastic. I've used up all of my $10 and have no way to add more funds.

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Passbook will help this out a LOT imo. It will get more stores to start putting in NFC readers in their stores which will get more Android manufacturers to actually start putting NFC in their devices.

I just hope that as companies clamor to jump on the iphone train and offer their loyalty cards on Passbook they do so on Google Wallet too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non