Is it possible?? [HELP!!] Samsung victory VM

Muhammed Camran

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
first off thanks for taking the time to help.
second im not that android tech savvy so bare with me.

so here is the thing.. I rooted my phone using odin and twrp then later wanted to unroot to install phone updates. i searched on internet and found what i thought to be the stock rom for my phone. I have the virgin mobile version and the one i downloaded was the sprint variant. needless to say my phone is screwed. I really have been looking all day to fix it but its just not happening. I honestly only rooted once and dont know a lot.

sooo im pretty sure at this point i need to find a stock rom of some kind which i though i may have come across one that may work but upon putting onto my sd card i found out it would not install when i tried to through the recovery boot process. it will read the zip file but i click and swipe to install but it fails. it only shows up through the install option tab and not on the recovery tab option though?
so i also need to figure out how to flash it onto my phone if possible. all i have access to is the restore booting menu in twrp. hopefully that is enough.
the roms

Any advice would be much appreciated and please advice with complete lemmings terms and act as if this is my first time doing this.
Thank you!

Muhammed Camran

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Flash stock ICS thru Odin and install the ota

Sent from my T-mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

that would be great if i could find a stock ics that i could flash through odin but google yielded zero results for me. not sure what ota even means. is there a guide for this somewhere? that would really help as i said i do not know much about flashing etc.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5898362
How To UpGrade To JellyBean

This thread on Android fourms will show u the files and what to do took me a while to find out too lol.

When u flash the original ics rom thru Odin u have two options. If u have a SD card u can do like the thread says but If u don't u can install the ota (over the air) update when it gets to your phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Muhammed Camran

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
thank you, that helps a little.
i got my recovery image back to droid instead of twrp. i just can not find the stock rom for the virgin mobile variant. every where i see it is for sprint. after i get the stock rom (if i do) than can i just convert the zip file to tar so i can flash it through odin? or does it not work like that? because the rom i did try(from sprint variant) though the recovery install on phone kept saying unverified signatures so it wont let it continue. this is just all too much information to take in within two days for me to be able to get a good enough grasp on this to know what i am doing. thanks for any help!

EDIT: okay i figured it out. for future reference to any one who may need it.
this link is the stock rom for the victory virgin mobile variant.
http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...stock-virgin-mobile-victory-07-04-2013-a.html
follow instructions.
create a back up onto inside of twrp recovery on phone to external sd. along side your extracted twrp files. it will do so automatically
next going into sd card via computer or w.e other way and delete all the files of the very last folder that you made a back up to.
copy the very last files of the twrp folder into the folder of the just made back up and deleted files. should be into the folder that is named by a date of some kind.
after they are moved to the new back up location go into recovery of twrp and restore from external sd card! thats it.

this took me a lot more time than it should have hopefully someone learns from my mistake.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez