How to sync Notes, Reminder and calendar with Google like in IOS?

moonkill1023

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the note 3 from Telus and loved the big screen + battery capacity!!
(Ditched the iPhone 4 for note and it was a perfect choice!)

However, since I am completely a noob in android, how do I sync note, reminder and calendar with Google? (I use those 3 very extensively..)

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you use the stock Calendar app on your phone, it will sync with your Google Calendar on the web--you just have to remember to enter your events into your Google account, not your Phone account. You should be able to see account selection at the top of the event entry screen. If your phone's background sync is on, events you enter into your Google account on Calendar should automatically sync with your Google Calendar in the cloud, and anything you enter or change on Google Calendar on your desktop will sync with your phone.

The best way to sync notes and reminders with Google is to use Google Keep. You can access your Keep notes on the web by going to drive.google.com/keep.

moonkill1023

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I see. But what app would you recommend for Notes in android but the ability to sync with Notes in iOS ? (I own a mac)
But thanks for recommend Google keep !!

PrasenGope

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Moonkill, I'm in the same boat as you are. Still use my iPhone 5 but love the Note 3 more and have a MacBook Pro. I'm more worried about calender and reminder as I've found a solution for Notes. Leave all other apps and use Evernote for notes. It smoothly syncs between the MacBook, the iPhone and the Note 3. Let me know if you have any luck with calender and reminder.

PrasenGope

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
After much research on reminders syncing, I simply gave up. There is no simple way to do that. Calender syncing is solved with using Gmail in your calender app on iPhone and Mac. Oh! Don't forget to ditch the S Planner as if doesn't sync Google calender for no reason. You better use Google Calender which is free on play store.

Enoch Root

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
If you would rather use your iOS calendar and contacts, you can download the CalDav and CardDav sync adapters. There are free versions of both. You just need to know which iCloud server you are on. There are directions for this at several sites. I used Keep Android and iOS in Sync, Part1: Data, Email, Contacts and Calendar | Android.AppStorm

It was pretty easy to do. If you follow the CalDav instructions, there is one important thing left out - you need to put the complete URL in the URL field including the https://.

I am looking of rhos to sync notes and reminders right now. I saw a few apps, but I want to check the integrity first.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I sync all sorts of accounts on my Android - Yahoo Mail and Contacts, Google Mail, my Mac's Calendar & Reminders - it's all a bit of a mess, but somehow it all works for me.

In regards to the syncing of your Mac, moon1023, you'll note my reference above to Calendar and Reminders off my Mac and for that I use SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar and, with that installed - and by the same developer - Tasks. These two work very well indeed on my device. As for Notes, it occurs to me I may not have set that up on my device yet. Clearly, I need a Reminder. ;-)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress