Picasa and Gallery Photos in Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Monica Williams1

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Android Central Community

I am having a hard time figuring out something I am afraid is very simple, please forgive! I want to be able to pull in google plus photos when using photoshop touch and autostitch apps etc. But their import options only access local folders on my device. I can download individual photos one at a time to a generic download folder from google plus to use, not full albums. When I try to create a new folder in gallery, and move the Picasa/Google Plus photos I get a notice saying "unsupported file." I read somewhere that there should be an option in gallery that makes photos available offline, but I don't have that. Just basically trying to be able to organize and download my g+ photos for use with these apps, in a less time consuming way. Any suggestions? I was going to buy the Picasa pro tool but just want to make sure I am solving this problem. Thanks for any help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Picasa or Google Plus photos are pulling photos from your account. The photos are not actually saved on the device. Instead, the device is caching the thumbnails to display the photos until you click on a picture, which it then downloads to display. I use Picasa Tool from the Play Store to view and download photos to the device from my Google+ account. You might want to take a look at that App and see if it's what you need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app