slow droid maxx

gkrohn

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
on droid maxx, what does holding the power and volume down for 15 seconds do? I have a phone that always lock up in apps and this is what verizon told me to do to fix it. I hav been wiping cache at lest 2 or 3 times per week. Even in safe mode, it is slow so that pretty much defeats the theory that it is third party apps that slow it down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us some examples of the slow performance while on Safe Mode? Can you compare it to another Maxx? Is it too late to get a replacement, either through Verizon or through warranty?

gkrohn

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
On facebook, on Chrome, on Browser and even on home screen, I get the message the application is not responding, do you want to wait, report or close application? I also get it on google. The phone is two years old so it is probably too late.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that happen in Safe Mode, too? That sounds fairly messed up. Have you tried a factory reset?

gkrohn

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
No, trying to avoid but may have to. Do you have the answr to my orginal question? what does holding the power and volume down for 15 seconds do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. According to the Moto support site Power and Vol Up held down for 20 seconds will force a restart if the phone is frozen. And if you're already powered off, then pressing and holding Vol Down for a few seconds, then pressing Power at the same time will get you to the Recovery Menu. But keep in mind that button presses might have changed a bit after the KitKat update--I have seen a few posts mentioning this.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/93789/p/30,6720,8697