Word Lens not compatible with my tablet or phone

ticktock01

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 tablet and an LG Optimus Dynamic II phone. Both use Android 4.1.2 and are listed as compatible with Google Play. However when I try to download the new Google Word Lens I get a message saying that this app is not compatible with either device. No other explanation. Very frustrating since I will be traveling abroad in a few days and would dearly love to have this app. I don't know why it is showing as incompatible.
I read that Google recently purchased Quest Visual, the maker of this app, and plans to integrate it into Google Translate. I have Google translate and it doesn't do a wonderful job of translating street signs, etc, as I've heard that Word Lens does.
I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem and has a fix for it. Neither my tablet or phone is rooted and I would prefer not to root it. Does anyone know the timetable for Google's integration of Word Lens into Translate?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Joao Melo Costa

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Note Duos running on 4.2.2
I have downloaded the application but no way to work. Is it perhaps a question of compatibility ?
I would appreciate any suggestion,
Many thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer