My Samsung Tab 2 10.1 Tablet (GT-5113) keeps rebooting

Jason Yeoman

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
A few months ago I had installed a custom rom and it was working fine. I decided that I didn't like the custom rom and found a copy of the factory rom.

I installed the rom and it was working fine for awhile when one day it started to reboot itself. I did some research and apparently an update came from Samsung that cause some rebooting issues. Whatever I try to resolve the issue doesn't fix it.

Android starts fine but after about 45 secs it goes black and reboots (even in safe mode). Google Play Services stops then reboots.

If I move some icons to a different part of the screen the changes are not kept. Even if I manage to do a proper shutdown nothing changes.

Details:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P5113
Android 4.2.2
Kernel 3.0.31 Build Shakatu-5113ueucmh2_rooted
PhilZ touch 6.26.1
Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7

I've tried to completely erase everything and reinstall the rom but it keeps booting up to the same rom. it's like the system is read only. I've tried to unroot or re-root with no luck. I've used Odin with Windows with no success. It craps out after a certain point. I've loaded the custom rom on the internal sd card and try to load it that way with no luck.

I am willing to do a complete erase if necessary. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate the assistance.

Jason