How to stop auto correct / spell check when typing a url in hangouts?

chazk7

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This is very annoying and I'm amazed that searching google and forums doesn't seem to find anyone else frustrated by this!

Problem Description:
When using Google Hangouts to text on my Nexus 5, every time I enter a web url the string is spell checked and becomes un-clickable.

Example:
If I type: "whatismyandrioidversion.com" into a txt/sms chat using hangouts, the string is spellchecked and auto corrected to "what is my android version.com".
So, then I have to go through a very annoying process of deleting the spaces between each word and fixing the url before I send the message.

I'm new to Android and would appreciate anyone able to give me some relief on this!

Thank YOU!

Scott

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
This is very annoying and I'm amazed that searching google and forums doesn't seem to find anyone else frustrated by this!

Problem Description:
When using Google Hangouts to text on my Nexus 5, every time I enter a web url the string is spell checked and becomes un-clickable.

Example:
If I type: "whatismyandrioidversion.com" into a txt/sms chat using hangouts, the string is spellchecked and auto corrected to "what is my android version.com".
So, then I have to go through a very annoying process of deleting the spaces between each word and fixing the url before I send the message.

I'm new to Android and would appreciate anyone able to give me some relief on this!

Thank YOU!

Scott

Go to settings/ keyboard and uncheck spell check..

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

chazk7

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Exceeder, thank you for your response. I should have clarified my desired result: I want spell check to inspect my typing everywhere except when I am typing a URL.

In other words, spell check needs to be able to recognize a URL and not try to correct it.

I am suspecting this would be a feature recommendation and oppty for KitKat to be improved!

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I can not understand why this problem isn't more widely complained about?! For example I try to enter "iinet status" into my google chrome search bar to search for my internet search providers status page, and the ridiculous autocorrect forces the word to something else because it doesn't recognise the word. It's an extremely critical, impossibly difficult interface issue. Surely i must be missing something here? Don't other ppl run into this?!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty