Not ringing out when using Android Auto in my car

youradds

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I recently got the OnePlus 7 Pro. Amazing phone! (I had the 5T before)

My one annoying issue that I can't get around though - is calling from my car.

I have it connected via USB, and then Android Auto installed on my phone. If I press the "speak" button on my steering wheel and say "call home", it comes up and says "calling home" (in the standard Google voice). It does one ring, and then drops.

At first I thought I must had no reception, but I've tried it in areas where I have full reception. It worked perfectly with my old phone. Maybe there is a configuration I'm missing somewhere?

I'm on a Ford Focus 2018, with Sync3 in the car. Bluetooth is connected, and also connected via USB

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like to get it going before I go on my next trip (its not been too bad so far, as I've only been local - but I'm doing a 4 hour drive in a couple of weeks, so need it to work for that)

TIA

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to make other calls, or does this happen with any call? Are you able to dictate a number to dial using the car system?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it make the call and you're just not hearing the ringback tone (that's what it's called), or does it ring once, then stop ringing (or disconnect)? Those are entirely different problems, so let's not try to fix the one you don't have.

youradds

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Are you able to make other calls, or does this happen with any call? Are you able to dictate a number to dial using the car system?

Thanks for the reply. The issue seems to be making any call. This is when connected via USB. I'll give i a go when just on bluetooth in a bit to see if it happens on there as well.

I can make calls fine when not connected to the car (make , and receive)

Thanks

Andy

youradds

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Does it make the call and you're just not hearing the ringback tone (that's what it's called), or does it ring once, then stop ringing (or disconnect)? Those are entirely different problems, so let's not try to fix the one you don't have.

It does one ring, then cuts off. If I disconnect the phone and then ring directly from the phone it works fine

TIA

Andy

youradds

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Wahoo - got it going :)

So the problem was that I use TrueCaller to make my calls on the phone. However, it seems Sync3 sends it through the standard Android "Phone" app. Because I have dual SIM (and am using both), the Phone app was asking me to confirm which number to call from. This is ok from the phone, but when its on the Ford screen it doesn't give you the option (just hangs, and then dies).

So setting it to default to SIM1 when making calls, and now it works - WAHOO!!!

Thanks guys :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha! Good detective work. I have to keep True Caller in mind for these kinds of issues -- I've seen it mentioned as a problem in other threads as well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch